Hacking Way to access Homebrew menu?

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running rxTools 10.5 on my O3DSXL. When I start up my 3DS, I have to choose between rxTools and Homebrew Menu. Today, for the 1s time, I decided to use HBM again (I wanted to try FTBrony). When I tried to start the HBM, the top screen went black, and the bottom screen went red, and then they froze and stayed like that for quite a while. After about 10 minutes, I decided to try again, but same result. I tried several times, but to no avail. Is there a way to access the HBM again, or can I not do anything.

Thanks!

(Tell me if there's a detail you may need that I didn't give.)

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm running rxTools 10.5 on my O3DSXL. When I start up my 3DS, I have to choose between rxTools and Homebrew Menu. Today, for the 1s time, I decided to use HBM again (I wanted to try FTBrony). When I tried to start the HBM, the top screen went black, and the bottom screen went red, and then they froze and stayed like that for quite a while. After about 10 minutes, I decided to try again, but same result. I tried several times, but to no avail. Is there a way to access the HBM again, or can I not do anything.

Thanks!

(Tell me if there's a detail you may need that I didn't give.)
is your hbl 3dsx file named 'boot_hbl.3dsx'?

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶, but in the guide I was following, there was a separate file which I was supposed to rename to that, so that menuhax opened it instead. It opens up as a pink screen (if that helps, probably not).

Correction: It is called boot.3dsx. The changed name of the HBL is HBL8.3dsx.

Last edited by ValconExe,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
It is, but in the guide I was following, there was a separate file which I was supposed to rename to that, so that menuhax opened it instead. It opens up as a pink screen (if that helps, probably not).
check your menuhax config file and change the hbl entry point to whatever the hbl 3dsx is called.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CtrBootmanager. Then you can have GW and HBL at the same time and choose between them. If you want to use HBL things on emunand you gotta get the CIA to launch from CFW or it will mod the sysnand. For example, custom themes. Or maybe I'm confused about what I'm reading here.

Also HBL, GW, CFW, none have a 100% boot with menuhax. I had to boot my GW like 5+ times this morning.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CtrBootmanager. Then you can have GW and HBL at the same time and choose between them. If you want to use HBL things on emunand you gotta get the CIA to launch from CFW or it will mod the sysnand. For example, custom themes. Or maybe I'm confused about what I'm reading here.

Also HBL, GW, CFW, none have a 100% boot with menuhax. I had to boot my GW like 5+ times this morning.
Yeah its Hard putting the cartridge in the slot

635640923184683334.png

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok, I went and fixed it. Problem is now, when I try, I get this error message (tested 15 times):

**ZIP3DSFX v0.6 by d0k3 **
! ERROR opening internal archive!
Press any key to reboot

Does this just mean that I messed up when modifying the HBL location in boot.cfg?

I have CtrBootManager, (I just couldn't remember the name), but thanks anyway. I'm confused about this part here, though:

If you want to use HBL things on emunand you gotta get the CIA to launch from CFW or it will mod the sysnand.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this part. Is there a HBM .CIA? (Note: I always install .CIAs to emunand, incase that's what you mean)

Thanks!

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is infact a HBL cia. The cia will send you back to ctrbootmanager from the emunand. Now when you launch HBL and use apps which modify, it will modify the nand it launched from last. So if you do not go to emunand, and then HBL and then theme manager, you will put a custom theme on sysnand by accident and then bye bye menuhax. Just an example.

I did this to myself once but I had a backup of my SD card so I could easily fix it.

So yea, if you wanna go to HBL from RXtools, you need the cia. It can be obtained from that iso website or its home website I believe. I try not to use HBL from the sysnand ever. Just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: