Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well that's interesting, but when i said second screen I was not referring to that.

...what? Now you're not making any sense...:unsure:

I was talking about the PS Second Screen thing, you misunderstood, I corrected you, you asked what it was/what it's called, then I post a link with information and...you're not referring to that? What the fuck are you even on about?

It's getting offtopic now anyways...

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo people: "Ubisoft delayed Watch Dogs? Waaaa..."
Nintendo people: "Ubisoft delayed Watch Dogs again? Fuck this, I'm going Sony."
Nintendo people: "Ubisoft canceled Watch Dogs for the Wii U? Nintendo will never see my money again."

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
You are going to get least value on Wii U version anyway: only platform without achievement system, weak userbase = weaker online features, graphically same as last gen, etc. Gamepad maybe only neat feature like said PS4 and Xbone has same things and with PC you have keyboard and mouse with enough control and buttons, but there's probably going to be Intel Screen Control support and/or mobile application.
Going to get it for PC anyway as they stated it's their lead platform and all. Haven't used that uPlay thingy so I just hope it's better than Origin.

Nintendo really needs something to make third party multiplatters to seem interesting to buy for their system. Just like steam made buying PC games more interesting instead of pirating them. Miiverse and stamps aren't interesting at all when they have rules so 5 year olds can browse it and even achievements are more interesting.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe they are doing the same they did because of GTA V, this time with Mario Kart 8?

Yup. This is how Ubisoft's meetings go:
October 2013 - Well GTA5 came out recently and noone wants 2 open world games so quickly, lets delay watch dogs for a month
November 2013 - We have Assassins creed: Black flag releasing this month, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
April 2014 - Well Mario kart 8 is coming out for wii-u around this time, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
November 2014 - Well Nintendo have the new Smash bros coming out, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
Febuary 2015 - Well we have Assassins creed 5 coming out this month, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So...why is it delayed? :unsure:

Seeing how this title has been pretty much in production since the announcement of the wiiu, I doubt they just started porting it from other platforms. And with no word as to how long it'll take or what will make the wiiu version special (though this should be a no-brainer), they're kind of digging their own grave for the wiiu version. :(

I just hope they're not going EA on us and release the game at the same time the steam version has a discount or something... :(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are going to get least value on Wii U version anyway: only platform without achievement system, weak userbase = weaker online features, graphically same as last gen, etc. Gamepad maybe only neat feature like said PS4 and Xbone has same things and with PC you have keyboard and mouse with enough control and buttons, but there's probably going to be Intel Screen Control support and/or mobile application.
Going to get it for PC anyway as they stated it's their lead platform and all. Haven't used that uPlay thingy so I just hope it's better than Origin.

Nintendo really needs something to make third party multiplatters to seem interesting to buy for their system. Just like steam made buying PC games more interesting instead of pirating them. Miiverse and stamps aren't interesting at all when they have rules so 5 year olds can browse it and even achievements are more interesting.

Of the many issues, quite legitimate ones too, you bookend it with achievements?

M$ paid them to delay it :P

MS seem to play it far smarter with their bribes. Now I am all for kicking person when they are down, and/or can not fight back, but it really should be the sort of thing you do not put any real effort into it. Minor exception if they are a future threat but a second Nintendo comeback is probably not something most are predicting.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because more money.

From who, Nintendo? Nintendo does jack shit for third parties, especially compared to Sony and Microsoft.

Wii U owners are kind of a captive market. The system is so starved for games that Ubisoft can afford to release the game whenever it suits them; owners desperate for games aren't going to have much in the way of alternatives. Let's say someone owns a Wii U and another console or a gaming PC and they now decide to buy the game on one of those other platforms instead. That's still a win for Ubisoft because a copy sold is a copy sold. Even if every Wii U owners boycotted the game over this "heinous" delay... who cares? The Wii U's install base is tiny and growing slower than an oak tree.

I'm sure some of the people at Ubisoft would genuinely like to see Nintendo succeed, but at the end of the day, if you have to delay one version to get the rest out on time in a presentable state, you pick the system with the worst prospects. It's not personal; they're not betraying poor, innocent Nintendo. Ubisoft has to do what is best for Ubisoft. No company is going to sacrifice its bottom line so another company will maybe, possibly do a little better.

If you want to be mad at anyone here, be mad at Nintendo for failing to create a platform worth developing for.

Engi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup. This is how Ubisoft's meetings go:
October 2013 - Well GTA5 came out recently and noone wants 2 open world games so quickly, lets delay watch dogs for a month
November 2013 - We have Assassins creed: Black flag releasing this month, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
April 2014 - Well Mario kart 8 is coming out for wii-u around this time, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
November 2014 - Well Nintendo have the new Smash bros coming out, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months
Febuary 2015 - Well we have Assassins creed 5 coming out this month, lets delay watch dogs for a couple of months.

LOL it's a possibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1