Wasabi Zero release date?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Midnight1, Dec 18, 2008.

Dec 18, 2008

Wasabi Zero release date? by Midnight1 at 4:48 PM (874 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Midnight1
    OP

Newcomer Midnight1 Newbie

Australia
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum! [​IMG] I just posted this on another site, but realised I might get more replies here considering how popular this site is... hope that's cool!

Question/Thread summed up: I'm not sure whether to wait for the Wasabi Zero or to get the Wiikey 2 now? When can we expect a release date for the new chip?

Elaborated version: LOL

So the Wasabi team announced their new chip on the 1st of December and maybe its a bit early and eager to ask, but does any one know when we could expect a release date? no word yet on their website unfortunately... was hoping that maybe some of the resellers on this site would know more...

For those bothered to read on, another question...

I'm in a bit of a dilemma on whether to wait for this release or to just go with a chip currently available like the Wiikey 2... what are your opinions?

In regard to the Wasabi chips, I think it might be fair to say this may be the new chip to beat if the price is right... so maybe its worth waiting...

The reason being because, it looks better LOL, the feature list seems to match the growing trend of less wires, DVD updates, JTAG etc... and well the main reason being, I just seem to read less complaints or issues with the Wasabi chips as compared to some other mod chips... I.e. the prevalent 'inching/eject issues' as with the Wiikey 2 & D2pro!

Now I know each chip out there has its little issues here and there (Wasabi included) but aside the difference in popularity of the Wiikey 2 and D2Pro, it just looks like the Wasabi chips have less issues common with other mod chips... is this a fair assumption? fill me in if I'm wrong lol...

So what is the best chip out there?! Could the Wasabi Zero be it?! lol I'm curious... Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

2. saloalea

Newcomer saloalea Member

Canada
    Yeah it's prolly the best Wii drive-chip ever, but don't make yourself wait for it.

It's too bad right after Wasabi announce 'Zero', Nintendo release the new D3 drive revision... bad timing

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    true, wiikey2 was released at a good time hehe

4. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been wanting to get one of them too. [​IMG]

5. Midnight1
    OP

Australia
    Yeah right now its a hard decision to make and if I have to wait any longer I think I'll settle with another chip...

I hope they release it soon though, also for their own sake... really its quite silly timing of them considering Xmas is just around the corner and with school holidays etc... Some of these other mod chip manufactures must be laughing to the bank around now... For Wasabi to miss this date is just dumb... even just by announcing the new chip before Xmas they doomed their other v2/v3 chips, since who wants to buy an outdated chip when a newer version is around the corner... lol... but i guess if they're taking their time to ensure quality then I'm all for it...

@ saloalea: In regard to the D3 drive, true, but people will still have the choice and opportunity to buy another drive/board that will make them compatible... and yeah that will only last for as long as resellers have some stock left, but by then I'm sure there will be a solution for the D3... also keep in mind that there are and will still be plenty of people with older drives (right now I have an unmodded D2C) looking to get their drives chipped with those currently available...

Guess time will tell...

6. Midnight1
    OP

Australia
    Look what we have here! lol

Just when I was saying I hope Wasabi release the chip soon I get news from a reseller on another forum that he has stock
    of the new Wasabi Zero's!

Limited stock though, so be quick I guess...

This would be my opportunity to order now, but I think I will wait for some news from local resellers in Australia...

Ozmodchips... you hearing me?! lol