Hacking Wasabi!!! Greatest thing since sliced bread?

mikesnickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tsutsutsu said:
the main argument regarding wasabi vs argon/infectus, is that the argon will be able to update using the jtag. they say if something drastic changes, they'll be able to completely remake the firmware from scratch, instead of making you buy a new chip.

does this feature hold any water? does wasabi have anything like the "100% future proof" argon?

...or maybe i'm following the infectus propaganda wagon a bit much...

Oh btw,

Where does it state that the argon 100 percent future proof?

tsutsutsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from their news release
QUOTE said:
THE "BULLSHIT" DVD UPDATE FEATURE WILL BE SUPPORTED WITH INFECTUS2, AND IN SECOND TIME ON ARGON. We remember that ONLY modchips like ARGON / INFECTUS2 / D2PRO can release BIG LOGICAL UPDATES on firmwares, wasabi cannot change the ACTEL FPGA code, and this is a BIG LIMIT for future applications. Only to demostrate that we have the know how to do the same like wasabi, we will release this feature that for us is unusefull...

REMEMBER!
DVD UPDATE = OLD AND LIMITED UPDATE SYSTEM (LIKE OLD WIIKEY) - Limited data update.
JTAG UPDATE = NEW ERA OF MODCHIPS UPDATE SYSTEM (D2PRO / INFECTUS / ARGON) - Full logical data update

since it can be reprogrammed from scratch i thought it was implying it was future proof
is this not a reasonable assumption about the main advantage over jtag vs dvd?

Hansel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hansel said:
Got my Wasabi installed today (thanks Ozmodchips
biggrin.gif
). Works great, although I did get a bit of a crash whilst browsing the Mii Parade. We'll see what happens with that.

Well I haven't had a problem since, so maybe it was just a fluke
wink.gif
The Wasabi has been running great so far, and it's getting quite a pounding
wink.gif

mikesnickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hansel said:
Hansel said:
Got my Wasabi installed today (thanks Ozmodchips
biggrin.gif
). Works great, although I did get a bit of a crash whilst browsing the Mii Parade. We'll see what happens with that.

Well I haven't had a problem since, so maybe it was just a fluke
wink.gif
The Wasabi has been running great so far, and it's getting quite a pounding
wink.gif

Quick question, Did you get a professional to install it, or was it easy enough to do yourself? (I'm assuming your not a pro, so correct me if I'm wrong)

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just installed my 2nd wasabi chip in a d2c console and i must say its easy to do if you installed wiikey before.

I do hear some stories of it not working on the latest d2c drives, but i bought a brand new console and wasabi worked fine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: An FPGA could probably replicate the chip's functionality without buying donor parts.