Hacking Wasabi Chip

pdaguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have anymore info on this chip?
Compatible with all Wiis, including D2C/D1A.

The site just launched 2 days ago
Wasabi

Product Info
* It's the first chip that works on all drives, from DMS to latest D2C drives (including GC2-D1A).
* It's the first D2C compatible chip that is upgradable from DVD.
* It's the easiest chip to install on D2C: only 9 wires, only 3 of them connected to a pin/via.
* It's the easiest chip to install on DMS and D2B as well: No need to use a dremel or super-glue with "cut-pin" drives, and there's no pin/via to solder even with the latest D2B boards.
* It's the first D2C compatible chip that is as clean as DMS/D2B drivechips: full control over the drive's firmware, no physical patching on the lines while the games are running. That means perfect stability, more control, and no stress on the drive's components.
* Best of all, it's the first chip to include a decent amount of flash memory (128KB) for firmware and data storage.[/quote]

comp.gif

Technical Specs
QUOTE said:
* Direct boot of Wii and Gamecube original, import, and backup discs
* Supports all chipset versions: DMS, D2A, D2B and D2C (including D1A)
* Supports all regions, configurable via jumpers
* Fully upgradable from DVD (no external programmer required)
* Only 5 wires on DMS, D2A, D2B
* Only 9 wires on D2C (only 3 of them soldered to pin/via)
* Very easy installation on "cut-pin" drives
* On-board flash (128KB)
* Integrated Audiostreaming fix for GC games
* Excellent media compatibility (supports DL media)
* Works with SMG and SSBB
* Flash recovery mode
* Two LED for easy installation troubleshooting
* Full firmware control even on D2C chipset
* Drivecode symmetry between all chipset versions
* Compatible with all GC and Wii homebrew programs
* No extra wires required for region override
* No external switch required

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
"Did you know that current ISO dumpers are currently missing a few KB of data stored in the barcode (BCA) and lead-in area ? This "extra" data could be read by the console and used to detect chips. SMG and SSBB are the first games to call one of the related drive command"

Is this true ?

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
"Did you know that current ISO dumpers are currently missing a few KB of data stored in the barcode (BCA) and lead-in area ? This "extra" data could be read by the console and used to detect chips. SMG and SSBB are the first games to call one of the related drive command"

Is this true ?

If they say it (they do), then probably, yes.

But modchips found a way to ignore that data, like they do with the whole BCA anyway, so it shouldn't matter... But it might one day
tongue.gif

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
I saw this a few days ago. This is probably going to be my first Wii chip. DVD Upgrades are the way to go for me.

I thought every chip had DVD upgradability...its just how well supported it is that's the problem. We're yet to see whether its actually well supported yet.

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Infinity-X said:
Not all. D2CKey can't be upgraded period and D2Pro and Argon require a USB cable of some sort.
um that's not true.. d2ckey can be upgraded via jtag like the argon, look under the chip... that's for upgrading.

NoAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
helba said:
Infinity-X said:
Not all. D2CKey can't be upgraded period and D2Pro and Argon require a USB cable of some sort.
um that's not true.. d2ckey can be upgraded via jtag like the argon, look under the chip... that's for upgrading.

Yep, it is, and you connect a cable to it which in turn connects to the programmer board which you hook up to your computer's USB port.
So yes, you need a USB cable to program them and you need the proper hardware and drivers too.
Besides that, you need to open up your WII again to hook up the chip and upgrade it.
Big nuissance.

DVD upgrade is much simpler. Even though it does have it's limitations in terms of flexibility.
I like the idea that I can update my chip at any time, and I don't need to open my WII and buy additional hardware (the programmer) or take it back to the shop.

Even though the infectus team is trashing the idea of DVD updating, there has to be a good reason why they support it now. Don't you think?

Just my 2 cents

Cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment