Warning scam website

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ryukyus, May 15, 2009.

May 15, 2009

Warning scam website by ryukyus at 11:50 PM (2,381 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. ryukyus
    OP

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As of right now I officially hate, buying from any online store that is located in china, stupid me I should have done more research, I bought a psp from this website http://www.shopinelectricals.com for a 120 bucks thought it was safe since, I paid through paypal, now it's going on three weeks, I emailed them several time still they have not responded to my emails, they gave me a bogus paypal receipt which says invalid on the paypal page, I've already reported their asses to the bbb, I should have listened to my gut, and buy them on ebay, now I don't how to get my money back, I'm warning you guys to stay away, and any advice on how to get my money back, I should have also listened to jackie chan when he said, he would rather buy a japanese electronic instead of a chinese one, chinese, this isn't over by a long shot

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    you should be able to get your money back through paypal email paypal and/or open a dispute [​IMG]

3. ryukyus
    OP

United States
    that's the thing the receipt number, is fake

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Paypal will have the transaction details if they carried out the money transfer. If you file a complaint with Paypal, then they'll be on the case for you.

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

that sucks man

6. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    How do you tell if the receipt is fake?
    Also report that site to everything.
    Everything [​IMG]

7. ryukyus
    OP

United States
    I reported them to the bbb, because when I entered the number to paypal it says invalid

8. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I did a fake purchase to check it out.

When you had your personal details in, I saw no https on the address, that's one bad sign already.

I just stuffed in some random things into the details to go to the Paypal bit to see if there's anything fishy about that, and Paypal had a page saying:-

"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

So there's an update concerning that site.

9. Teelow

Member Teelow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I check the site out to...paypal receipt invalid [​IMG]

umm..btw since when did a white Dsi come out ?

10. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    if you paid through paypal, you should be able to see the transaction details on your paypal account.

11. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah, just because the receipt is fake that doesn't mean anything. Whenever you buy something or sell something, it leaves a PayPal transaction number just in case something happens.

And if somehow that doesn't work, Call or email Paypal and tell them your problem. I am sure they will help you out.

EDIT: I just looked at that site and why would you trust it anyways? If they are selling Wii's bundled with Wii Fit brand new, you should know that its a total scam.

12. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Aww man. You should have asked us if anyone has ever heard of or bought from them just to be cautious.

13. ryukyus
    OP

United States
    I did everytime, I'm about to make a purchase to some unknown site I always asked you guys, but of you guys ignored, or think that, I'm advertising something, and yeah I should I've know, it was an impulse purchase, trust me I learned my lesson, I should I'm just bought on ebay like I wanted in the first place, I reported it, to paypal they gave a number to call, I call, and they are investigating it, I'll let you guys know if I get my money back, thx for replying guys.

14. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    perhaps someone should make a sticky thread warning people about these types of sites. listing scamming sites.

15. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    There is already.

16. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States

[​IMG]

Look for the transaction on that --^ page.

Report the transaction to PayPal, and you'll get your money back.

If you don't see the transaction on that page, go to your History, and find it there... if it's not there, then either your PayPal wasn't charged, or your trying to scam us...

17. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    For NDS sites isn't it?

18. ryukyus
    OP

United States
    apparently, they got other people also, a couple for wii, and ps3, once I get my money from paypal I'll let you guys know, they are investigating right now, in the mean time it would be awesome if one you guys would make a sticky about reputable,and scam electronic sites, I think that would help a lot of people

19. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    Unfortunitaly, Some of this is your fault. This site doesn't even look credible. I couldn't even think for a second that this website is legit. Report the people to PayPal. You may fall under PayPal protection.

20. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should cancel any paypal payment after 48 hours of a site (especially one that looks that bad) if they do not make contact saying they received your order and gave you a valid receipt or come sort of confirmation. Unless its a non-power seller on ebay, give them at least 4 days before stopping payment.

You don't need a receipt number for them, you need the paypal transaction id to cancel it.

Paypal usually takes the side of the buyer, if the seller can not prove they sent something (anything) to you. But even then, three weeks is pushing it.

But yeah, buying from them in the first place was really stupid. You could of at least googled the site. Seriously whats with people's first thought being "I know I'll ask on some forum!" before even bothering to find out on their own. (also lol @ irony of yahoo answers being on the front page 3 times when searching http://www.shopinelectricals.com/ asking if its a scam)