Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathieulh

mathieulh GBAtemp Fan

France
    Actually they can't disable the clone cards since their FPGA and thus ASIC cannot be overwritten nor updated

2. hiron

hiron GBAtemp Regular

Person doesnt like WAD 1(normatt file) being used so the WAD 2 he creates (gw firmware) bricks console.

So no Normatt file isnt the one bricking consoles because that wasnt intended at all. GW on the other have the intention to brick if modified.

3. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Let's see, 10 hours from now:

- if this thread is still alive
    - if any evidence for the claim in the title is provided
    - if more people will have posted about Neimod being anti-piracy (ha!)

4. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Maniac

Czech Republic
    I just remembered this

5. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i bet if i waschanges hex code in anything homebrew to Wii it would probably cause a brick.. maybe normatt file wasn't well executed?

6. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

But Normatt's mod to GW launcher triggered the brick code, Correct ?

7. mathieulh

mathieulh GBAtemp Fan

France
    Err... I actually buy all my games so don't put us all in the same basket, thanks but no thanks.

8. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

The main questions have been answered in a way that makes sense, so I only expect more new people coming in, more conspiracies and possibly a proof of what we already pretty much know.

9. Bneundh

Bneundh Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    No it's not that. Geez. You should probably learn how to read properly and thoroughly. Normatt's modified launcher won't do any bricking if the bricking code is not there in the first place. Claims so far have stated that there is indeed a code in the latest gw firmware that cause bricking (The code is not there in previous firmwares if I'm not mistaken).

10. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

United States
    I wonder if Gateway would have put this brick code in the launcher if there were no clones on the market? Can't say the r4i team didn't play a part in this sick demented fiasco. I'm not saying it's right, but there aint nothing wrong with protecting your investment. Now, as a gateway owner, I gotta deal with this shit. Screw the clone carts.

The gateway firmware installer hasn't been modified since 9/9/13, is that the latest gateway firmware you are referring to. Maybe you are referring of the launcher.

osirisjem likes this.
  11. justinkb

Netherlands
    which thread are you reading, friend?

there has been only speculation, endless repeating of hearsay from people whose motives we cannot necessarily take for granted.

12. stephaniie

United States
    we think so, and the ... its so stupid .. 22pages peopel going nuts.. and its one or afew persons... using normatt file who probably wasnt done correctly, causing a brick.. Lesson to everyone who has Gateway car(s) , use gateways launcher.bat - ...

Installing gateway is - copy file1(gateway installer) to microSD - install - copy file2(launcher.bat to SD . Activate gateway by clicking Nintendo Profile .

Thats all you do. - So use Gateways Launcher.. not some user-made stuff.. :P

13. mathieulh

mathieulh GBAtemp Fan

France
    Err... maybe they just don't care ? I know I don't xD
    Oh and I also have a life, I am assuming they do too xD

Arras and minexew like this.
  14. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

Hah, you're really a thick one.

15. randomxiii

randomxiii Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Like someone said, part of the blame is on the clones for not testing their release, as well as not detecting the kill switch code in GW launcher.

Please boycott GW, and support the clones, who love you so much they want you to have the experience of being guinea pigs first hand! /s

16. escherbach

escherbach GBAtemp Regular

I'm not doing chit-chat.

I'm making a very simple technical request - that the people who claim Gateway are reprogramming the eMMC controller on 3DS's, so as to make the console unrecoverable even by a NAND reflash, post the address offset to the code which writes to the eMMC controller registers.

OK

17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    Let's put it in different categories to make the situation more clear to those who defend randomly putting Bricking code in your binaries.

Imagine that you've bought a BMW for a whole lot of your hard-earned cash. You sit down in your BMW, but something's missing... so you drive to the nearest gas station and buy a small ornament, for example a nice-smelling little tree. You really like it, but it doesn't have good string to hang it with - the original one is kinda flimsy... so you add your own string and hang it on the rearview mirror - it fills your car (let me stress this one more time - your privately-owned, personal, very expensive car) with wonderful scents of the forest... AND THEN YOUR CAR EXPLODES! KA-BLAM! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO STICK A THIRD-PARTY THREAD THROUGH THE TREE ORNAMENT, F*CK YOUR BMW! ;O;

This is what happened. In this story, your 3DS'es are the BMW's, the tree ornament is the flashcart and the Launcher is the thread. :)

tofast4u and gamefan5 like this.
  18. justinkb

Netherlands
    I doubt most of them have interesting lives other than hacking handhelds and consoles and sitting on IRC all day, no offense ;-) not that this is in any way relevant to the discussion.

the point is: if you're gonna throw around very serious allegations, from a position of authority, back that shit up. how hard would it have been to provide evidence, if they had it?

19. stephaniie

United States
    No i begged/asked people in this thread to provide info that Gateway is harmful..

1. Picture of bricked 3DS using Gateway card(s)
    2. Info that Gateway bricked their console, not user-created stuff
    3. Info that their 3DS has been bricked, we only heard 1-5 people say it has happened to them.

Edit: This thread attacks the only DEVS of HOMEBREW 3DS . You are damaging yourself by going nuts on people as Gateway without sustainable evidence.

20. Flame

Flame Me > You

am i the only one being turned on by stephaniies hotness and how shes knows alot about installing putting things in the right hole place.

gamefan5 and minexew like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WARNING, Gateway, PURPOSE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.