Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

JeAves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just wondering does it make any difference, when u flash your Xbox should you use xbox to power DVD (console powered on without sata cable plugged to Pc instead of XBox), or use connectivity kit? Does Xbox notice boot up with sata cable removed?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've always flashed with a connectivity kit to power the drive, not the 360. All consoles I modded are banned so it doesn't make any difference. They can detect if you have custom firmware by the behavior of your 360 with it installed. Right now I'm going to wait for the new LT firmware to finish testing and get released, and after a couple months of no stories of people getting banned with that firmware I might consider getting a non-banned 360.

JeAves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok. Just asking because i have modded elite which has never seen network cable so just waiting for new firmware to come! And my box is premodded so i'm not sure how it's been modded. I have no keys so i thought i should take them but don't have connectivity kit.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading this thread... started last week, but haven't been able to get all of the way through it. I have a 360 that I believe was plugged in around when the console ban started, but wasn't banned, so I unplugged the ethernet, and it's been unplugged for a couple weeks...

Any new news? Have the bannings slowed down?

vjgbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i know the ban wave still continues (30/11/2009).

with more sales expected over xmas i doubt the banning will stop before january.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Louse76 said:
So I've been reading this thread... started last week, but haven't been able to get all of the way through it. I have a 360 that I believe was plugged in around when the console ban started, but wasn't banned, so I unplugged the ethernet, and it's been unplugged for a couple weeks...

Any new news? Have the bannings slowed down?

I guarantee you it doesn't matter if you plug in your ethernet cable now, or in 5 years, you'll still be banned the second you connect to Live. If you like installing to the HDD, keep it disconnected forever because if you connect it now, the feature will be gone.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
I guarantee you it doesn't matter if you plug in your ethernet cable now, or in 5 years, you'll still be banned the second you connect to Live. If you like installing to the HDD, keep it disconnected forever because if you connect it now, the feature will be gone.

Well, now that hard drives can be restored that's kind of a moot point.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue Zoidberg said:
ZeWarrior said:

Well, now that hard drives can be restored that's kind of a moot point.
Not really, it's not exactly an easy task.
Edit: Why make work for yourself even if you are confident soldering to the mobo.

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think contacting microsoft and pretending you don't know why you were banned will get you unbanned? lol

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
popopola said:
Do you think contacting microsoft and pretending you don't know why you were banned will get you unbanned? lol

You'll speak to some idiot technician who just reads of some scrupt i.e. he/she can't do anything about it. Why not just pick up a RROD'd 360, fix it, and your off. Still that wouldn't be wise at this time, the market is filled with banned 360's

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
popopola said:

You'll speak to some idiot technician who just reads of some scrupt i.e. he/she can't do anything about it. Why not just pick up a RROD'd 360, fix it, and your off. Still that wouldn't be wise at this time, the market is filled with banned 360's
Yep this is what I'm doing. Buying an RRoD console and gut swapping.
biggrin.gif
Then I'll fix the RRoD console and sell it even though its banned.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Maz7006 said:
popopola said:

Yep this is what I'm doing. Buying an RRoD console and gut swapping.
biggrin.gif
Then I'll fix the RRoD console and sell it even though its banned.

You sneeky little...
smileipb2.png

Gonna sell my "unbanned" 360, yet techincally its flagged (and im 100% sure ill get banned as soon as i connect)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ii wonder if the new FW will unflag my console
smileipb2.png

doubt it though, already black listed nothing i can do, will probably sacrifice it just to see if it does.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I (think) I got myself unbanned. Though my GT got corrupted and I know there is a way to get it with all my achievements but that requires hooking up my HDD to my PC which is too much of a hassle. So that means I have to start over with my achievements ay? Or is there another way?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Well I (think) I got myself unbanned. Though my GT got corrupted and I know there is a way to get it with all my achievements but that requires hooking up my HDD to my PC which is too much of a hassle. So that means I have to start over with my achievements ay? Or is there another way?
Just delete your gamertag and recover it on an unbanned console or do you mean achievements since you were banned?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Just delete your gamertag and recover it on an unbanned console or do you mean achievements since you were banned?
Done. I'm back on Live. Microsoft can't hold me down....!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
olliepop2000 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
If you're doing what I think you're doing, they're just going to ban you again when they notice.
But since you're saying it works, looks like I know what I'm doing when Perfect Dark launches on XBLA. I must have that...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Did you call m$ and tell them to unban you or what??
Nah. I bought a "broken" 360 for $30.
ph34r.gif

Gaisuto said:
Rock Raiyu said:
olliepop2000 said:
QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Dec 4 2009, 12:05 AM) Well I (think) I got myself unbanned. Though my GT got corrupted and I know there is a way to get it with all my achievements but that requires hooking up my HDD to my PC which is too much of a hassle. So that means I have to start over with my achievements ay? Or is there another way?
If you're doing what I think you're doing, they're just going to ban you again when they notice.
But since you're saying it works, looks like I know what I'm doing when Perfect Dark launches on XBLA. I must have that...
I didn't do anything. All I did was get a new 360, fix it and flashing it tomorrow...is that bad? Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing what you think I'm doing..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-