ROM Hack WarioWare D.I.Y. Editor

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My flashcart came in the mail so I can finally utilize your tools.
I don't know how much I told you this over at GameFAQs, but I love you.

Is it possible to hold the keyboard Ctrl button to mass select items on executable jar files? It would be easier to inject or delete multiple .mio files that way.

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My flashcart came in the mail so I can finally utilize your tools.
I don't know how much I told you this over at GameFAQs, but I love you.

Is it possible to hold the keyboard Ctrl button to mass select items on executable jar files? It would be easier to inject or delete multiple .mio files that way.
Nope. Mainly because I'm lazy and not entirely sure how to handle overwriting when injecting.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, well, that's too bad.

I'm sad that I missed out on the DIY-hacking craze. Do you know of any .mio databases with extensive records/comics?

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's vixynyan's pack and there's the entire friend crate database I scraped the sunday before WFC shut down (not public, but it does have every friend crate at that point in time).

Reactions: Celice

cragler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean every friend crate? You mean you somehow downloaded every single persons .mio on wfc? How is that even possible?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why I missed this? Is amazing, because I have a huge database of songs, thanks to you I will share them, but first I need to learn how to use your tool (Y)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What do you mean every friend crate? You mean you somehow downloaded every single persons .mio on wfc? How is that even possible?

It is. WWDIY is not like Mario VS. DK or some other games which supports uploading of every personal creation. WWDIY only supported uploading games for competitions and only the top few are available for download. The last update of the competition was probably in 2010.

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. WWDIY is not like Mario VS. DK or some other games which supports uploading of every personal creation. WWDIY only supported uploading games for competitions and only the top few are available for download. The last update of the competition was probably in 2010.
Nope. I scraped the database of personal content and downloaded it all. Each user could upload 2 games, 2 records, and 2 comics at a time. I have a backup of all of this content from the sunday before the shutdown.

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a UI for actually editing stuff, and finishing reverse engineering the game format ( game music & art are complete, AI needs to be worked on). And ideally somehow fixing the WarioWare DIY showcase checksums, but that isn't necessary. I haven't worked on this for a while, as most of what's left seems either tedious and/or more difficult than the other functions.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Making a UI for actually editing stuff, and finishing reverse engineering the game format ( game music & art are complete, AI needs to be worked on). And ideally somehow fixing the WarioWare DIY showcase checksums, but that isn't necessary. I haven't worked on this for a while, as most of what's left seems either tedious and/or more difficult than the other functions.
I am half good at making a good one. :-)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nope. I scraped the database of personal content and downloaded it all. Each user could upload 2 games, 2 records, and 2 comics at a time. I have a backup of all of this content from the sunday before the shutdown.

Wow. I never knew it was possible to rip the entire(even personal sharing) stuff off the WFC... I hope I could have done the same to Mario VS. DK.... :(

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update.
Midi export is improved.
All sprites and the BG from a game can be exported to png files.

At this point, I've decided that figuring out how AI works isn't worth the effort.
The only remaining features that I might add are:
Importing sprites or backgrounds (because I don't want to include a built-in MS-Paint-like program).
A record editor (because reading midi/musicxml files would be too tedious, and buggy)
Adding an unlock button for all the posts on the virtual forum.
Fixing the Wii data.bin handler so the icon doesn't turn green and so WWDIY Showcase doesn't think the data is corrupted.

Attachments

• Untitled1Z.zip
    704.1 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: HNKii and Hiccup

mega j

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this only possibe to use on java or some other all there is when I open are random files on it and i don't know how to use that but i've been able to wwdiy rom on my ds with out a hassle

bobmcjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this only possibe to use on java or some other all there is when I open are random files on it and i don't know how to use that but i've been able to wwdiy rom on my ds with out a hassle
Sounds like it's opening with WinRAR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?