Wanted 2 is Moving Forward

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the wheels are turning for Wanted 2. Writer Derek Haas, who wrote the original 2008 film with partner Michael Brandt, posted a tweet yesterday confirming their involvement in the upcoming sequel: "Michael and I were just hired by Uni to write Wanted 2."

ComingSoon.net has the story along with a statement from Haas who said the sequel would "take off after the events of what just happened. Pick up Wesley a few years later and go back in for another round."

Presumably, James McAvoy would be returning as Wesley. However, co-star Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman are a different story. Since both of their characters bit it in the first film, it might be difficult to bring them back. Jolie in particular has expressed no interest in returning for a sequel.

"Being dead makes it difficult," Jolie said in an interview last year. "They were [trying to bring me back], but I kind of feel like if I die in a movie, I should die actually... It would just be doing the exact same thing in another movie, so it's not that interesting to me."[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
one of the most weird movies i have ever seen. curving a bullet, bullets colliding, sniper from miles away thru strange stuff... interesting though

it was a good movie but too many strange things, even the game is depressing

Beckham would have been proud

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the first movie; not a great movie, but definitely a fun one (Hell, villainous Morgan Freeman alone would have made it worth watching). I'm not sure how well this one will turn out, but I'll keep my eye out on it.

shakirmoledina said:
one of the most weird movies i have ever seen. curving a bullet, bullets colliding, sniper from miles away thru strange stuff... interesting though

...How is any of that stuff weird? Over the top, sure, but not weird.

I mean, if you think that's weird, something like Eraserhead would blow your mind to shit (even more so than usual).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like the main character of the first one, but it was good. Thing is, I can't see a sequel being good due to the concept of the movie, it feels like it should be a standalone movie because of the creative idea it's based off of.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
I didn't like the main character of the first one, but it was good. Thing is, I can't see a sequel being good due to the concept of the movie, it feels like it should be a standalone movie because of the creative idea it's based off of.

I agree, but nowadays if something good is created you have to milk the shit out of it until it dies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day