OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linky

Send an email to Xseed!

"GameCyte: …I certainly see games and think, “Hey, why isn’t that coming over here? I’d like to play that. How come only the Japanese people get that game?”

JS: (chuckles)

Yeah, so if you see any title that you don’t think is going to make it over here or for some reason isn’t coming over here, give us an email and we’ll start looking into it.

GameCyte: That leads right into a question I’d planned to ask later, but I’ll just ask now: How do you decide which developers to approach, and which titles to look at? You do seem to accept email suggestions from fans – I’m reading a thread on NeoGAF right now where there’s a gentleman who sent you guys email, and Ken responded back basically saying, “We’ll have a look into that for you.”

JS: We really want to take care of the fans, so every email we receive, we will always reply back to."

They usually pick up games that are more for "niche" gamer like Korg 10 & Populous.
Email: [email protected]

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually it does. Because localization would weell I would at least hope a translation... So unless these so called "pirates" know how to read Japaneses it would make a crap load of a difference.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Banger said:
Actually it does. Because localization would weell I would at least hope a translation... So unless these so called "pirates" know how to read Japaneses it would make a crap load of a difference.

.... i don't understand. I was lost after "weell"... I know I'm picky about typos but i really don't know what that is. If it even IS a typo.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Cool!!

Though.. it doesn't make much of a difference for us pirates.
Well actually it does, I'd rather have a professional translation than a amateur one. No offence to those who do them, its awesome that there are people out there that will do them, otherwise I'd have never played various DQ games (well until the remakes), Napoleon GBA & Mother 3.

If Xseed picked up a game and it did well then it heightens the chance of a sequel or it may even help the developers of the game to make more games. A lot of developers die if a game doesn't sell well.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Banger said:
Actually it does. Because localization would well I would at least hope be translated... So unless these so called "pirates" know how to read Japaneses it would make a crap load of a difference.

.... i don't understand. I was lost after "weell"... I know I'm picky about typos but i really don't know what that is. If it even IS a typo.

Fix'd was a rush typing job. Did not read what I wuzzzzzzzzz writing.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks good, I mean I seriously want that Capcom game that's coming out for the Wii this month. Also that Phantasy Star Zero for the DS doesn't look too shabby either.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
This looks good, I mean I seriously want that Capcom game that's coming out for the Wii this month. Also that Phantasy Star Zero for the DS doesn't look too shabby either.
Well they're Capcom & SEGA games, they'd prefer to release their own titles.

Anyway SEGA are likely to release PSZ & Capcom want to release Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but different people own Tatsunoko license in the West but they are working on a deal.

Also asking for those Jump games will be fruitless due to licensing of various characters too.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you gotta love XSEED
smile.gif
. They're the reasons why we were able to get Wild ARMs 4-XF over here in the states as well as Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii. Thought they just kind of started out, I really hope they get the chance to shine with the bigger titles in the future since they're now one of my favorite game publishers. And for those who don't know XSEED, it's a company founded by former members of Square Enix USA.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i believe someone(company) was already looking into the cg version of tales of hearts.(see interview)
but the anime version is still free to translate..

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man what was the name of that Phoenix Wright style stock market game?

You played this chick and the adventure mode I think was her trying to find out who killed her Dad/partner/whatever and the other part was a stock market sim.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
in my opinion, every game should be released in every country at the same time - the delays are pointless!!!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DS_USER_997 said:
in my opinion, every game should be released in every country at the same time - the delays are pointless!!!!

Because the world totally only has one language that everybody understands perfectly.

Y'know, otherwise everybody would have to be waiting years for a game to be translated into every single language on Earth, and by that time a sequel to the unreleased game would have probably been developed.

Would be nice if Britain got games the same time as the states, though.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS_USER_997 said:
the delays are pointless!!!!
Actually they do have a point. Its about timing, there is no point in releasing games when all the big movie games are out due to them not doing so well and there is no point in releasing a game that needs more work on. You've also got to think about the time of year too.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not just that but translating a game with massive of amount of dialogue (and it's even longer when there's voice acting) like Final Fantasy takes time to translate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc