Hardware Want to get a Switch Pro controller, but...

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard this too. Supposedly you can fix this by cutting out the middle of the rubber insert.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have one, why.... umm why would someone need one? It does what the joycon grip does. :creep:

Also direction buttons are better than directional pad. :P
Yeah, I have no idea why people get the pro controller, when the regular controls are PART of the system, itself. I find it to be a waste of money.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
those are defective pro controllers

i was lucky and got a good one.

so wait a bit for a good batch to come or try your luck. you can always return it or exchange it if it's defective.

it's worth getting though, joycons simply feel shit once you use pro controller

Last edited by gundamu,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had zero issues, love this controller. Just wish the triggers were analog, I think that's the only place they cheaped out. Still love it though.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Had that with mine and I took it back.
It's really noticable in Waku Waku 7 and when Puyo Puyo Tetris starts to get fast, you'll end up accidentally doing hard drops unless you turn that option off.

Asides the dpad the controller felt great though.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
xbox one controller can be used on ps4 with a converter device. maybe they'll make something for the pro controller as well
I hope so. I don't play games (like racing games) which use analog triggers and the touchpad of the dualshock 4 is just a big (select) button in nearly every game.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the problem with the dpad, only noticed it when playing blaster master. I still manged to beat the game but it was annoying. sometimes when holding left or right, up or down would trigger. you can keep this from happening by being extra careful.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would recommend you getting the Pro Controller.
It is way more comfortable that the joycons, and I have noticed that I myself just simply can't play as well using the joycons.
E.g. I play the best I can with the joycons and I still come 4th - 9th in a Fast RMX race, I use the Pro Controller and I get 1st, it is simply way easier to control, specially because the analogs are larger and very precise.

That said, the dpad in the Pro Controller is disappointing, and even if I don't normally have that problem I wouldn't be surprised when it happens. The dpad is cheap and it doesn't have the typical counter cross below the dpad that restricts its movement (you could press all directions simultaneously if you just push at the center of the dpad). Compared to this, the xbox one s controller dpad is way better.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the problem with the right behaving like the up on Zelda.
I first noticed the issue a while ago.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem on the Pro Controller. Whenever the keyboard input is displayed and I'm moving the D-pad across it would sometimes go in left or right a little bit instead of up and other close directions.

Anyone who says the Pro controller is a waste of money obviously hasnt tried it for themselves. Dont hate on something without personal experience first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM