Hacking Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.0 Channel [Download here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
can this load downloaded iso's? or will it only load what you actually backup yourself? deffinitly want to try it when i get that answer
biggrin.gif
thanks in advance
tongue.gif

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnlnhuzzwwy

This is the DOL forwarder using teh new image he made

thanks man, the channel is working fine!
but i still see the 'old' picture (with 1.0) on it, it's also in the channel's name
not a very big deal though, the channel does the job!

edit:
hmm. strange thing
i updated the loader's dol to the new 1.1 version
so i loaded it through the channel but it still loads the 1.0. Then I took out the sd out of wii, and the channel still can load the loader. But with a forwarder that should not work.

not sure used the dol file u put onto rapidshare in, im working remotely so unable to test personally

Q-Bert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried this
smile.gif
i 1st put an ISO on my 8 gig flash drive that i had on my pc and loaded up and it asked to format the drive so i did and off course it removed my game so when i tried the flash drive back im my pc it would not read it i asume its cos it has been formatted to this wbfs system so my question's are.

Can i use the pc to put another ISO on the drive or do i need to copy from the dvd? cos i was hoping to never have to burn a dvd again as i dont want to keep the original disk and a back in my collection.
And has anyone else had problems coping to the drive? i tried twice and it never starts
frown.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadowmanr6 said:
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:

but i still see the 'old' picture (with 1.0) on it, it's also in the channel's name

edit:
hmm. strange thing
so i loaded it through the channel but it still loads the 1.0. Then I took out the sd out of wii, and the channel still can load the loader. But with a forwarder that should not work.

not sure used the dol file u put onto rapidshare in, im working remotely so unable to test personally

dol file should be ok, though it's not my own file. it got if from another topic. only the dol was there, they didn't make a channel for it

-edit:
are you sure you're updating the dol correctly?
I tried your 1.1 channel, but that one still loads the 1.0 loader

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:

edit:
hmm. strange thing

dol file should be ok, though it's not my own file. it got if from another topic. only the dol was there, they didn't make a channel for it

Ok version 1.1, the loader channel:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0nohzyxnglm

and the DOL forwarder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lzygdzhmmom

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For future versions of the forwarder, it might make sense to include a readme in the RAR to let people know where the boot.dol has to be placed in case they weren't already using a folder named usbloader. Just an idea.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if an IDE to USB cable will work with this? I think have one since I remember seeing it somewhere in my house, but I can't seem to find it at the moment
frown.gif
. I do have a 4GB USB Transflash, but I want to know if the former is supported.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanr6 said:
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:
kedest said:
shadowmanr6 said:

edit:
hmm. strange thing

Bleh, i know what i was missing, was forgetting to check mark the dol, give me a second it'll be up in a minute
still takes it to 1.0. You think you can just do a non forwarder channel for me. Same image (no version number). But just use the v. 1.1 dol?

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acquire IOS36-64-v1042.wad through google or from a game you have and put it in the root of your sd card, and choose sd card installation

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
network installation doesn't work for me at all (edit: it shows the same error as the screenshot below ("Downloading content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)")...

this is what i always get to see:
p4010226.jpg

help!
frown.gif

aar2222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try though I might, I'm not hip to the lingo. First, I installed cIOS36 rev9. Then, I tried to run the WAD Manager 2.1, hoping to be able to install this WAD to the system menu, something I've done before with other WADs. When I choose WAD manager 2.1, though, I get the message "This is not a valid Wii application." Pointers? All I did was drop the USB Loader Wad in the first post in the wad directory on my SD root.

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screamq3 said:
cool this looks good, gonna download it now:) so what is invovled to get this to work, just install new cios files, install the .wad, drag some .iso's to usb drive connect to wii, run the application and it auto detects wii games? looking forward to using it
biggrin.gif

you know, this was my first reaction to the thing, then it hit me....no, this is not an USB ISO Loader...
you take your physical game disk, put it in the wii, plug external HD to the wii, run the loader, format THEN "install" the game from within the wii. it will read the disk and transfer it to the usb hd
and no, you can't take the usb HD back to the pc to get the iso back unless they come up with a way to mount the custom filesytem that the wii formatted unless you can read Spanish and follow these instructions:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/foro/viewtopic...8041&hilit=

why can't anyone stick this explanation at the top baffles me....

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aar2222 said:
Try though I might, I'm not hip to the lingo. First, I installed cIOS36 rev9. Then, I tried to run the WAD Manager 2.1, hoping to be able to install this WAD to the system menu, something I've done before with other WADs. When I choose WAD manager 2.1, though, I get the message "This is not a valid Wii application." Pointers? All I did was drop the USB Loader Wad in the first post in the wad directory on my SD root.

I personally used WAD Manager 1.3 from Waninkoko and it installed fine. I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that WAD Manager 1.3 is newer than WAD Installer 2.1 (and WAD Manager also allows deletion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto