Hacking Waninkoko's "Firmware Updater 4.1 freezes at Shop channel

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this update and the app freezes when installing the shop channel. The last think it says is "Installing Contend #37" I left it like that for about 2 hours and no change so I restarted the Wii and I do have firmware 4.1u on my Wii but the shop channel locks up the system. I tried the Updater again and it freezes in the same place.

What can I do about this? Can I just install the shop channel another way? Also since shop channel is the first channel to install, i doesn't install the new Mii or Photo channels (which I don't care much about.)

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinesal said:
I did this update and the app freezes when installing the shop channel. The last think it says is "Installing Contend #37" I left it like that for about 2 hours and no change so I restarted the Wii and I do have firmware 4.1u on my Wii but the shop channel locks up the system. I tried the Updater again and it freezes in the same place.

What can I do about this? Can I just install the shop channel another way? Also since shop channel is the first channel to install, i doesn't install the new Mii or Photo channels (which I don't care much about.)
what fw are you updating from? i've upgraded three 3.2 fw wii's via waninkoko's updaters, and each on failed on 4.1 unless i upgraded them to 4.0, via wanin's installer, first.

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
pinesal said:

what fw are you updating from? i've upgraded three 3.2 fw wii's via waninkoko's updaters, and each on failed on 4.1 unless i upgraded them to 4.0, via wanin's installer, first.

Yes, I went from 3.2 to 4.0 now trying to get to 4.1

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use a WAD-Manager and NUSD.

Download the WAD for the shop-channel with NUSD. Use a WAD-Manager and the WAD to uninstall the shop-channel and than reinstall it.

This should work.

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
You can use a WAD-Manager and NUSD.

Download the WAD for the shop-channel with NUSD. Use a WAD-Manager and the WAD to uninstall the shop-channel and than reinstall it.

This should work.

I've never used NUSD before. It seems I would need this information [packwad] [localuse] on the shop channel. Any idea where I could get it?

Nevermind, I found the UI version of it.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pinesal said:
I've never used NUSD before. It seems I would need this information [packwad] [localuse] on the shop channel. Any idea where I could get it?
NUSD has a database, you can get your titleid and version from it.

Click on "Database...", select "System" and than select what you want and use the "Pack -> WAD" function.

Wait, go to the subfolder and copy the WAD file to your sd card.

Thats all.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pinesal said:
No I didn't think it was possible to uninstall the shop channel. Sorry it's been awhile since I've done any Wii hacking.
You can uninstall the channel with the WAD you get with NUSD and your WAD-Manager.

Select the WAD in your WAD-Manager and then switch to Uninstall ... .

Try it if your other try didn't work.
wink.gif

Good luck!

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nothing seems to work. I uninstalled the shop channel so it's gone now. I can't install the shop channel though the system locks up during installation. So, not sure what to do. I have to go now so leave me some more suggestions and I will check it out tonight.

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump for the late nighters with brains. heh heh. Trying a few things as we speak but I am open to further help.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if you really want the shop channel, do an official update.

then use tbr to get the trucha bug back.

pinesal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
if you really want the shop channel, do an official update.

then use tbr to get the trucha bug back.

What is tbr?

Also, I nand restored back to 3.2u does that help me at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)