Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

Deepest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have converted Mario Kart PAL and once converted it comes out at 3.96gigs and not 3.99gigs as expected, of course IMGBURN doesn't want to touch it. All my other backups convert to 3.99 as expected which is wierd, not sure what might be causing it?

I might try and burn it anyways with another program to test, not suffered from -4100 error so it would be interesting to see if that pops up after burning.

surcouf84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
micahkanchan said:
hmm, everyone here is saying MArio Kart Wii works. Sadly I see nothing but a black screen when I launched it. Anyone know of the burn speed I should burn it at??
yes here http://www.zshare.net/download/191251981269ece5/
wink.gif
smile.gif

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only ask as wiifrii takes ages under linux so far i have made lunch for my self and daughter and a apple crumble apple crumble has now finished and that patcher is still writing main.dol back its patched region and video lang

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
skedone said:
anyone help me out just one more question lol is there a program that tells you what region the iso is so i know weather to patch it or not one that works under wine would be nice

also where on the wii does it tell you what version you are running

I don't know about the region of the game, but you can check your Wii's firmware by going to the Wii Settings menu. It should be there in the top right hand corner.

Deepest said:
I have converted Mario Kart PAL and once converted it comes out at 3.96gigs and not 3.99gigs as expected, of course IMGBURN doesn't want to touch it. All my other backups convert to 3.99 as expected which is wierd, not sure what might be causing it?

I might try and burn it anyways with another program to test, not suffered from -4100 error so it would be interesting to see if that pops up after burning.

I suggest you try and patch it up again, this time without any other applications running in the background. Something might be interfering with the patching process.

QUOTE(skedone @ Sep 22 2008, 02:44 PM)
okay dont worry WIU seems to work do you need to brick block the isos before burning

As far as I know the backup-creator.exe removes the update data from the original .iso so I don't think your Wii should get bricked. I have tried four games so far, no bricks here (although all my games were PAL, the same as my console.)

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm that it does remove the update from the iso as i dont want to brick my wii just because i did not use brick blocker

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I sent these on to Praetor192, but they havent been added to the list yet.

PAL system and the DVD's were Philips DVD-r (1-16x)

Tiger Woods 09 - burnt at 4 speed using IMGBurn after patching ISO loads but freezes at the first wii page displaying the controller

Ferreri Challenge - Burnt at 3x using IMGBurn works perfectly , though slow to load the game after the menus - about 1 min

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried anyregionchanger on the system to change from NTSC to PAL and see if that helps anything? Report if you have.

wesseln

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello people! just registered with gbatemp because of waninkoko's genius iso loader
grog.gif

I just downloaded all the things i need to make my wii ready for the isoloader.

This left me with one question. I just bought a brand new PAL Wii console...wich has the newest motherboard ect....

Will the twilight hack work for me? or do i have a bigger chance that my wii gets bricked up?

serial number of the wii starts with LEH190.......

Many many thanks in advance!
grog.gif

P.S: Firmware is 3.3E

jaks6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, will these modified and burned isos function with possible future version of this app or alternatives?

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pven said:
What is backup-creator doing exactly? Is it removing some protection?

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Sep 20 2008, 11:14 PM) How Backup-Creator works:

1. Extract ticket and TMD from game partition.
2. Write ticket to "partition.iso" aligned to 64 bytes.
3. Write TMD to "partition.iso" aligned to 64 bytes.
4. Decrypt game partition.
5. Write decrypted partition to "partition.iso" at offset 0x800 (sector 1).

That's all. No patching is done.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Selfish bump

Wondering if anyone has ideas for me on how to get the GH3 Custom discs to work properly.

Currently have tried both WiiFrii and RegionFrii on the original ISO but so far each disc loads up in the Wii but the screen flickers/scrolls like the disc has copy protection or is the wrong region or something.

Ideas?

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone make a help thread of some kind? Don't mean to be a jackass but comeon guys I'm SICK to death of seeing the EXACT SAME QUESTIONS every 3 or 4 pages WITH ANSWERS yet the answered questions keep coming up green screen how do you get round blahblah -4100 error blah blah partition key blahblah oh no why is my 250mb iso now 4gig omfg! EVEN THO it says (COMPRESSED) In the title..Are you stupid or what jesus READ THE DAM THREAD if you have to leave the thread BOOKMARK the dam page your on!

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Midnightzak said:
Selfish bump

Wondering if anyone has ideas for me on how to get the GH3 Custom discs to work properly.

Currently have tried both WiiFrii and RegionFrii on the original ISO but so far each disc loads up in the Wii but the screen flickers/scrolls like the disc has copy protection or is the wrong region or something.

Ideas?
NTSC tv's run at a cycle of 60hertz while PAL tv's(Talkin old now guys most now take 60+) are 50Hertz thus you get spinning
lecture.gif

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poltergeist. said:
pven said:
Is there a channel available for loading Wii Backup Loader ? (Not that I really need it, just curious.)

No, not that I'm aware of. You have to run it through the Homebrew Channel.

I hear there is this neat program called Autoinjectuwad though that can inject a .dol into any wad to create a channel. *cough cough*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...