XP
Country
Croatia
bango5515 said:
MiloFoxburr said:
bango5515 said:
zigernot said:
bango5515 said:
I think alll people here are liars ,I did everything but i am always getting "-4100 error"

just one question ,when u get partition.iso after patching ,i hope that it needs to be burnt as an image and not as a data on the root of the dvd drive with the common-key .

If thats the case ,I guesss this is a fake loader ,I dont know y ppl are lying abt it

Chill

give us a little more info,

what firmware are you on?
what region is your wii?
what game are you trying to load?

maybe then we can help you a little more.

but it DOES work. its quite a hit or miss, as to be expected with a BETA.
there are so many factors in the equation that it just ISN'T working for EVERYONE.
firmware : 3.1U (withoout any modchip)
region : ntsc - u(no modification)
game : ntsc - u SMG

and after patching there is a difference b/w the smg.iso file and the partition.iso file of 350 mb

PS : I am not a noob ,followed the previous stpes perffectly

Not gonna read all your other posts to find this out but are you setting the Booktype of the disc to DVD-Rom? As far as I know the only reason -4100 appears is when the Booktype is wrong. Some writers cannot change the Booktype others do it Automatically so you have to do Manually there is an entire thread on the -4100 issue

welll would give a try ,thanks ,PS : i have upgraded my drives firmware ,lets see now

How big is the newly-created partition.iso that you got after patching? Mine are all 3,99 gigs.

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine tooo 3.99gb (tried again via imgburn again failed ,tried looking into byte change something ,its very confusing and my writer is sony dru 190A and i cant see a sony tab there ,frustating)

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
zigernot said:
mxk1000 said:
Anyone have a problem with the backup creator.
I have used a few iso's that are 4.3gb approx in size.
when patched they are 250mb approx.

games so far

ea playground
london taxi rush hour
]

i think that happened to me once, but then i just re-patched it, and it was the right size.
i was thinking somehow it was interupted.

Tried it a few times but no luck.
even with the GUI .
its a strange one, as there are reports on the wiki site that london taxi rush hour works?

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, everyone here is saying MArio Kart Wii works. Sadly I see nothing but a black screen when I launched it. Anyone know of the burn speed I should burn it at??

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
mxk1000 said:
zigernot said:
mxk1000 said:
Anyone have a problem with the backup creator.
I have used a few iso's that are 4.3gb approx in size.
when patched they are 250mb approx.

games so far

ea playground
london taxi rush hour
]

i think that happened to me once, but then i just re-patched it, and it was the right size.
i was thinking somehow it was interupted.

Tried it a few times but no luck.
even with the GUI .
its a strange one, as there are reports on the wiki site that london taxi rush hour works?

Try closing down all applications that were running during your first patching. Stuff like Firefox, torrent clients, MSN, Winamp, etc. and then try again.

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
micahkanchan said:
hmm, everyone here is saying MArio Kart Wii works. Sadly I see nothing but a black screen when I launched it. Anyone know of the burn speed I should burn it at??

Look around the Wii - Hacking subforum, I believe someone opened up a thread about that. As far as I know there are two factors that the successful running of a game depends on:

1. Quality of the DVD-R media
2. Game and console region

I use TDK and Verbatim DVD-R and all the games work fine. I used Imation DVD-R media before and the game wouldn't even boot up. Also be sure that both the game and your consoles region are the same.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poltergeist. said:
micahkanchan said:

Look around the Wii - Hacking subforum, I believe someone opened up a thread about that. As far as I know there are two factors that the successful running of a game depends on:

I use TDK and Verbatim DVD-R and all the games work fine. I used Imation DVD-R media before and the game wouldn't even boot up. Also be sure that both the game and your consoles region are the same.
Sometimes, it also depends on the speed of which you burn them. I have FujiFilm DVD+R. They all run quite fine. But once when I burned the game at a different speed, I got a -4100 error so it also depends on the speed of which you burn them.

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Raiyu245 said:
Poltergeist. said:
micahkanchan said:

Sometimes, it also depends on the speed of which you burn them. I have FujiFilm DVD+R. They all run quite fine. But once when I burned the game at a different speed, I got a -4100 error so it also depends on the speed of which you burn them.

Thanks for the input. I burn all my games on 2,4 and they all work perfectly fine so I didn't even think about burning speed being a factor.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tried with One Piece Unlimited Adventure....but the backup creator tell me "could not get partition key"....and so it couldn't patch the iso...
I have to get another one??

I also tried to wiifrii the iso before patching....but same error...

EDIT: weird....the backup creator gui version seems to work....

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Prisoner said:
i tried with One Piece Unlimited Adventure....but the backup creator tell me "could not get partition key"....and so it couldn't patch the iso...

With the regular version the .iso you want to patch has to be in the same directory as the backup-creator patcher. The GUI version allows you to just pick an .iso from wherever you wish and patch it.

QUOTE(pven @ Sep 22 2008, 01:00 PM) Is there a channel available for loading Wii Backup Loader ? (Not that I really need it, just curious.)

No, not that I'm aware of. You have to run it through the Homebrew Channel.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Poltergeist. said:
Prisoner said:

With the regular version the .iso you want to patch has to be in the same directory as the backup-creator patcher. The GUI version allows you to just pick an .iso from wherever you wish and patch it.
I know...this wasn't my first time using the program.....the iso WAS in the same directory of the exe....

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
skedone said:
just one question do you still need to use wiifrii on the isos my wii is a pal the isos are ntsc

Yes if you want to avoid the green screen error. Just be sure to use WiiFrii on them before patching the .isos with backup-creator!

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems:
The best firmware so far is 3.3 (any region)

Games which required higher firmware to run before the backup loader, still need the higher firmware to run. (obvoiusly)

NTSC games have a higher success rate of working if converted to PAL using WiiFrii before converting with backup creator. This can usually fix Green Screen or Grey Screen errors.

PAL games have a higher success rate of working than NTSC games, and PAL on a PAL Wii works better than PAL on NTSC Wii

Using higher quality media (such as Verbatrim) and slower burning speeds is proving more effective (obviously)

Component cables still have the highest possibility of showing video correctly, but VGA cables have hit or miss success rate, usually Black and White

Error -4100 is usually caused by Booktype mode set to DVD-ROM not being enabled by the drive (usually a firmware update or flash can help this issue). It has also been linked to just a bad burn. Check Booktype (or Bitsetting) before reburning and burn at slowest speed possible.

Drive info for booktype:
TSST or TS - Toshiba Samsung
Sony - NEC or Lite-On
HP - Lite-On

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jinxvorheeze said:
So it seems:
The best firmware so far is 3.3 (any region)

Games which required higher firmware to run before the backup loader, still need the higher firmware to run. (obvoiusly)
as far as I know, the only game with the 3.3 update it's Wario Land: Shake It....

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not what I said

I didnt say they required 3.3 - I said if they required higher, they still need it. I see people complaining games don't work on 3.1, when the game required 3.2 to play.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone help me out just one more question lol is there a program that tells you what region the iso is so i know weather to patch it or not one that works under wine would be nice

also where on the wii does it tell you what version you are running

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs