Homebrew Waithax/Slowhax implementation released by Mrrraou

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok KevinX8 your saying yes and Eastonator12 is saying no.
he is not saying no, he is just saying it has to be legit signed aka legit cia, google "legit cia gamehere 3ds" and if you find one you can install it no problem with fbi, what you can't install however is non legit cias aka normal cias since they aren't signed

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok KevinX8 your saying yes and Eastonator12 is saying no.
Ok, let me rephrase that. IF, and only IF someone made a LEGIT cia, yes, you could use it with slowhax, BUT, I highly doubt that would happen, but it WOULD be a legit cia. However, one of the most popular legit .CIA sites has about 0 dsiware games.

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, let me rephrase that. IF, and only IF someone made a LEGIT cia, yes, you could use it with slowhax, BUT, I highly doubt that would happen, but it WOULD be a legit cia. However, one of the most popular legit .CIA sites has about 0 dsiware games.

Ok so my original point was that it is currently not possible since no one has done that, and the conclusion after all these posts have been made is that it is currently not possible since no one has done that. WTF guys.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so my original point was that it is currently not possible since no one has done that, and the conclusion after all these posts have been made is that it is currently not possible since no one has done that. WTF guys.
if you want to downgrade without dsiware you can't, however if you want to pirate it's 100% possible without downgrading now!

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
new method to use this:
download the latest waithax .3dsx release on my repo here,
run it, and then run whatever you want when it's done running: 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer, etc...
you can download most of these apps from their original authors, no modifications/forks needed.
for fbi, you need to use my fork which removes the integrated khax exploit (probably, but just use it to be safe i guess and not have to do it again, i only got crashes on stuff with the releases): https://github.com/Mrrraou/FBI/releases/download/v2.4.2-nok11hax/FBI.3dsx
also, take note that rebooting will "remove" all the privilege escalation done, so don't reboot until you're done, else you will have to run waithax again.
Enjoy

Last edited by Mrrraou,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
new method to use this:
download the latest waithax .3dsx release on my repo here,
run it, and then run whatever you want when it's done running: 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer, etc...
you can download most of these apps from their original authors, no modifications/forks needed.
for fbi, you need to use my fork which removes the integrated khax exploit (probably, but just use it to be safe i guess and not have to do it again, i only got crashes on stuff with the releases): https://github.com/Mrrraou/FBI/releases/download/v2.4.2-nok11hax/FBI.3dsx
also, take note that rebooting will "remove" all the privilege escalation done, so don't reboot until you're done, else you will have to run waithax again.
Enjoy
Nice job. :) You could, however ,skip svchax if kernel is 11.0-11.1 using something like osGetKernelVersion. And make it a pull request so it gets added to the main FBI.

Last edited by zoogie,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice job. :) You could, however ,skip svchax if kernel is 11.0-11.1 and run waithax using something like osGetKernelVersion. And make it a pull request so it gets added to the main FBI.
I prefer not including it in FBI, makes maintaining it harder. It's better that way, I think. Plus it's way less convenient, considering the time slowhax/waithax needs to be exploited.

Reactions: zoogie

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What error message? Are you using the 11.2 downgrade to 10.5 pack? Happy to help.
First, I use exidiahax to downgrade from 11.2 to 10.4. Then I attempt to downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 using sysdowngrader. Everything looks great until after it reboots. Then it says "An error has occured. Please turn off your 3DS, and turn it on again," something like that. When I turn it on again, I get the same message. To get things back to the way they were before, I enter recovery mode.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I use exidiahax to downgrade from 11.2 to 10.4. Then I attempt to downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 using sysdowngrader. Everything looks great until after it reboots. Then it says "An error has occured. Please turn off your 3DS, and turn it on again," something like that. When I turn it on again, I get the same message. To get things back to the way they were before, I enter recovery mode.
So you mean you can still get into dgTool? Downgrade your NFIRM first, then when 3dsident says 2.50-11, format your 3ds. You can always get your games back later. Take the sdcard out before formatting, though. Then use sysDowngrader, and it should work perfectly!

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you mean you can still get into dgTool? Downgrade your NFIRM first, then when 3dsident says 2.50-11, format your 3ds. You can always get your games back later. Take the sdcard out before formatting, though. Then use sysDowngrader, and it should work perfectly!
Won't I lose exidiahax, tho?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...