WADS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bored, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008

WADS by bored at 4:10 PM (2,409 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. bored
    OP

Newcomer bored Newbie

United Kingdom
    ive sorted my wii and have backup launcher running through the homebrew channel.
    Ive just downloaded wad manager and decided to find some wads to try, i eventually found a list on the * * website listing the different consoles and their games available to download.
    I tried to download the NTSC version of super mario world, it installed an ran and came up with an error saying the channel could not be used ...this is a firmware problem? how do i update the firmware, is this dangerous now after ive installed the homebrew etc?.

i also want to know what to do with the N64 VC's cz they come downloaded as a .rar file do i just edit the file type or is there something i must do cz i attempted to run it as a rar file thinking maybe the comp didn't know to class the .wad file as and it came up with an errror and didn't install.

how do i install the wii gator back up launcher program as a channel? does it need to be in .wad file form? if so where can i find the file?

Cheers to any1 who can help answer me
    Bored

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    you got the error because it is a NTSC WAD on your PAL Wii

your starting to annoy me, first your British i assume, so stop with the stupidity!
    anyway for once in your life do something on the FORUM CALLED SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!! and READ THROUGH THE PAGES ON THIS SECTION YOU WILL FIND ALL YOUR ANSWERS AND MORE!

3. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Ok, first things first. You should edit your post to remove the name of the website you mentioned as I think it's against the rules. You don't want to get banned on your first post right? [​IMG]

There is an application called Freethewads which changes the region of the VC game. However I am not sure if it works for all VC games. I have tried it only for N64 wads and it works for me. Change the region to 'region free'. If it doesn't work you can try changing the region to PAL (I am assuming your region is PAL).

You should extract your N64 RAR to get a .wad file. If Windows is hiding your file extensions you won't see the .wad in your filename. To avoid all confusion, in My Computer go to Tools > Folder Options... In the 'View' tab de-select the 'Hide extensions for known file types' option. Name your wad as something.wad and try installing. If your RAR doesn't extract maybe it is already a wad file and Windows is classifying it wrong. Just rename it something.wad

4. bored
    OP

Newcomer bored Newbie

United Kingdom
    hey cheers bowser im just looking into it now. ive downloaded freethewads and extracted the filme to find 2 Dll files a Cfile and an EXE file.
    i ran the exe file and it didn't do anything, a small black screen flickered but that was it .
    bored

5. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    lol, have you actually read the readme or read up on google about it, you use command prompt, ive gave you "Hints" on to search yet you still haven't........................arrrrrrrrgh

6. bored
    OP

Newcomer bored Newbie

United Kingdom
    yer ive read some info about going into dos ....you have a serious problem buddy....forums are here for people to ask questions and helpful people reply....if ur not going to be helpful just dont post anything....the internet is full of crap and when searching for ages you may finally find something....and sometimes people like to reduce the hours of searching by posting information up...known as forums.

7. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    yeah but all of this is covered in a readme if you cared to read it up, also wads, majority cant be region free'd

8. bored
    OP

Newcomer bored Newbie

United Kingdom
    a readme on this site or? cz i have done several searches now and im gettin bits of information but nothing that i can actualy read through in 1 go that leaves me with an answer

9. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
  10. DM357

Newcomer DM357 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  11. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    certain VC's can be region freed but some cant, and you know when you get the blank crash or channel cannot be used etc..
    why don't you just search for a pal version? or find already region free ones, and no not linking you to any sites..

12. bored
    OP

Newcomer bored Newbie

United Kingdom
    cheers guys lots of help ...yer ive started searching and found a couple of places to get some from...
    honestly i dont like asking for help...*hence i spent a couple of days researching the backup loader and the hombrew channel...i came across this forum and througt well ill just ask.
    cheers

13. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Honestly, it's not worth the hassle of installing these individual wads and channels as they take up an ungodly amount of space on the Wii. I'd recommend you check out the emulator channels that some forum members have been nice enough to create. You'll find them to be of much greater utility I think. All of them are great save for the n64 one as it's still in development.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110016