Wads & wii motion wiimotes

rkgrau

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just started using my softmodded Wii again and have been trying to use both MMM and other wad manager apps but all of my wiimotes are motion plus and disconnect as soon at the software boots up. Is this unavoidable?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by jeannotte,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello,

yes, some homebrews don't like wiimotes with built-in wiimotion.

try in your entourage to see if someone does not have a simple wiimote (without integrated wiimotion)

try with ""Wiimod lite"" or ""yet another wad manager"

wiimod lite ==< https://wii.guide/fr_FR/wiimodlite.html

yet another wad manager ==> https://code.google.com/archive/p/yawmm/wikis/yawmm_ReadMe.wiki
You're right @jeannotte

Most old homebrew doesn't support newer Wiimotes which has inside the built-in WiiMotion Plus accessory (these are called Wii Remote Plus or Wiimote Plus).

Please use WiiModLite instead, it's easy to use and also supports newer Wii Remotes.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I concur with YAWMM. that's what I use. I think I used it to fix my dios mios issue on the regular wii a few weeks ago. I was using like the princess wii motion plus controller. I think most unique controllers have motion plus aside from the tron controller, which I also have. I guess it was too early or something for that one to have it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, they make a wiimotion plus adapter that's black, so it works well with my tron controller. I also bought an extra long, black protector for the controller, so they look like they go together. if you want the easiest way, imo, try the wad manager in usb loader gx. I'm assuming usb loader gx doesn't require wii motion plus, but I don't know for sure. it's under features, just create an emunand for unlimited space, I think.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:P, on my Mario covers:

20220129_130011.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users