WAD Removal Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tnt118, Oct 21, 2008.

Oct 21, 2008

WAD Removal Error by tnt118 at 6:37 PM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. tnt118
    OP

Newcomer tnt118 Member

United States
    Hey all.

A quick search didn't turn up an answer, so hopefully a new thread isn't a problem.

I'm trying to remove Brick Breaker Deluxe (WiiWare) using WAD Manager v. 1.21 (Waninkoko) but it gives the following mesage:

>> Deleting ticket... ERROR! (ret = -1)
    >> Deleting title contents... ERROR! (ret = -106)

The only thing I can think of is that this was installed using an earlier version of the WAD Manager, but other than that I can't think of any reason it's not working. I've successfully removed other WADs before without problem. Is it OK to just remove this channel using the Wii's Channel Management menu? Or could that cause other problems?

Thanks for the help.

===========================

Edit:

Oi vey, I just figured out the problem... the version of the WAD on the SD Card was not the same one that had been installed. Mod's, feel free to delete this topic if you want.

2. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    it'll delete the channel from the system menu but not the ticket so going on the wii shop channel will say you've downloaded it, but re-downloading it will cost.

is it the same wad with the same name you installed it with? that may be a problem?

3. porchemasi

Member porchemasi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    backup ur save game data and do a full wii system format [​IMG] fixes all ur probs [​IMG]

4. pirye525

Newcomer pirye525 Member

United States
    is it the same was you originally used to install it?