PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can people please stop sharing VC releases, or at least talking about sharing with other members on the forum? Thank you. Any more mention of people on the forums giving you VC games and the topic will be locked and you'll get a nice suspension.

Don't give Nintendo a reason to come looking for us
wink.gif

kovach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bagra.org
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
UPDATE: New version 1.1, fixes the TMD parsing bug.

I just created a windows GUI tool that uses wadpacker 0.000007 that is dead easy to use
smile.gif
. You only need to point it to the TMD file and it will produce a working WAD package.

Download: http://bagra.org/people/61302186455b7707d6...adMaker-1.1.rar
Mirror: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3e5bd

Here is the README:

---

WaadMaker-1.1 by kovach

3 Steps to get a WAD package:

1. Make a full dump of your Wii's memory using Waninkoko's Wii FileSystem Dumper v1
- http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_Wii-FileSys...inkoko-_1001321

2. Find the TITLE.TMD file of the game/application you want to pack into a WAD
- All TMDs for the downloadable apps from the Wii Shop are put in WII_FS\TITLE0010001\*KEY*\CONTENT\TITLE.TMD, all you need is the key your title uses
- Check http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Title_Database ; it lists keys for some titles

3. Run WaadMaker.exe and point it to the TMD file you located earlier, click the "Create title.wad" button and select an output folder

That's all there is to it. WaadMaker should find all the .APP files listed in the .TMD, copy all of them to the output directory under the correct name, along with the correct ticket file and your CERT.SYS, and run WADPACKER on the files to produce your TITLE.WAD.
Your WII_FS dump should be intact so that the program can locate all the needed files.

NOTE: You can't repack an extracted WAD with this tool, as the files need to be in specific places and have specific names. This only works with a NAND FS dump from a Wii with the installed title.

If WaadMaker.exe doesn't run, you will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

CHANGELOG:
1.1 - Fixed a long file names bug (tmd parsing error), and added a little more debuging information and meaningfull messages. Also exits cleanly now
smile.gif

Thanks to:
KiKe - for making WADPACKER (and bringing it up to a usable 0.00007
smile.gif

Segher - for his excellent Wii tools (this program uses a modified tmd-dump that also lists SHA1)
Adam Back - for his nice and simple SHA1 utility

---

I tested it with my PAL Internet Channel, worked flawlessly on a Wii that didn't have the channel before.
P.S. I'm willing to test PAL N64 games produced by this tool, P.M. me
wink.gif

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
I've just installed Mario Kart 64, which I remember being bad but just not this bad, its totally awful...
Are you kidding? This was probably the best Mario Kart game there has been. Keep in mind it is 10years old now.

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let everyone know that kovach's tool _IS_ working:

waadmakernd0.jpg

It's extremly easy to use, and works like a charm
smile.gif

(My desktop was my output folder)

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
So guys, one you have title.wad what do you then do to get it onto the Wii? Sorry for the noob question.

That's all there is to it. WaadMaker should find all the .APP files listed in the .TMD, copy all of them to the output directory under the correct name, along with the correct ticket file and your CERT.SYS, and run WADPACKER on the files to produce your TITLE.WAD.
Your WII_FS dump should be intact so that the program can locate all the needed files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...