Wad Manager error -101 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zeppelinmad4, Nov 27, 2009.

Nov 27, 2009
  1. zeppelinmad4
    OP

Newcomer zeppelinmad4 Newbie

United States
    About a month ago I softmodded my wii with 4.2 on it. Everything was successful and I was able to use wad manager to change different ios. Lately I decided to put so vc games on my wii but cannot get wad manager to function correctly. I have a "wad" folder in the root of my sd card but keep getting a -1 error (which I have found out means that the wii cannot find the directory) so I put a "wad" folder in the root of my flash drive and the wii finds them. I try to install a wad (for instance, Donkey Kong Country that I used free the wads on) but I receive an error code -101. I have looked everywhere and cannot find what this error code means. Thank you for any help and let me know if you need any more info.

2. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    try using ios249?
    bad wad file?

3. zeppelinmad4
    OP

United States
    I have been using ios249 (which I think is the first/default). I have also tried six or seven different wads. Three or so are from different sites/torrents so I don think that is it.

4. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Did put Startpatch 4.2 on your Wii to stop ios249 from being turned into a stub

5. zeppelinmad4
    OP

United States
    No I didn't. How exactly would that work?

6. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    just follow xzxero's guide to modding any wii.....run the trucha bug restorer, delete stub ios's install custom ios's and then you should be able to install wads on ios249 without a problem. here's the link to xzxero's guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

By the way if you're trying to install wads for snes,nes,genesis or turbo grafx your best bet is not to and just install an emulator with roms, as it doesn't take up block space on the wii you can also get an emulator for gba too and play gba games on the wii. Here's a link to a list of emulators for the wii... http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators , believe me it's a lot better than installing wads for each game as that is painful and time consuming...the only wads you should be installing are n64 and wiiware wads.