Homebrew Wad Manager error -101 help

zeppelinmad4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a month ago I softmodded my wii with 4.2 on it. Everything was successful and I was able to use wad manager to change different ios. Lately I decided to put so vc games on my wii but cannot get wad manager to function correctly. I have a "wad" folder in the root of my sd card but keep getting a -1 error (which I have found out means that the wii cannot find the directory) so I put a "wad" folder in the root of my flash drive and the wii finds them. I try to install a wad (for instance, Donkey Kong Country that I used free the wads on) but I receive an error code -101. I have looked everywhere and cannot find what this error code means. Thank you for any help and let me know if you need any more info.

zeppelinmad4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using ios249 (which I think is the first/default). I have also tried six or seven different wads. Three or so are from different sites/torrents so I don think that is it.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
just follow xzxero's guide to modding any wii.....run the trucha bug restorer, delete stub ios's install custom ios's and then you should be able to install wads on ios249 without a problem. here's the link to xzxero's guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

By the way if you're trying to install wads for snes,nes,genesis or turbo grafx your best bet is not to and just install an emulator with roms, as it doesn't take up block space on the wii you can also get an emulator for gba too and play gba games on the wii. Here's a link to a list of emulators for the wii... http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators , believe me it's a lot better than installing wads for each game as that is painful and time consuming...the only wads you should be installing are n64 and wiiware wads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol