Hacking WAD Manager 1.5 Multimod

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
Leathl said:
Anyone with the garbled text could try this. Just moved the console like pepxl said, haven't tried it myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ki3a5dukmme

16:9 Bug.

When cursor move down to the bottom of the list and try to scroll, the cursor disappear and some missing line problem occurs.

Would you please take a look at this ? Thanks !

i had this prob with mine(own BG), its easly fixed when the #define ENTRIES_PER_PAGE is changed to say 10 - 13 lines in the globals.h

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nice work again Leathl, just notice a bug I think.

If I select 10 wad,
goto another folder,
return to same folder,
select same 10 wad a 2nd time,
press 1 to batch install, and it tells me 20 wads selected for install.

kdinluks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IlluminiX said:
Also works better for me. Couple of suggestions that might not be too easy to do: I see you had to reduce the number of Wad entries so if there is any way to get back to 14 or so that would be great (since there does appear to be room above and below the list). And in Widescreen mode, the line about + and - for batch operations is split on two lines so if there is anyway to shorten the phrase, that might tidy things up. I know some people need the instructions - but if it means losing out on functionality so some slow people can be helped then maybe there is another way to do it... Maybe a way to add to the config file whether instructions are necessary - or better yet - a Readme just for this mod with the instructions in it (oh wait there already IS!)! Stupid slow people! Those people who cannot read a Readme and need instructions should not be using this to begin with!

can you compile a version yourself?! if you can why are you complaining?! just edit what you want and compile it.
if not you shouldn't complain about people whose need help to understand how it works even if it's Readme there are people and people around the world who use this program and instructions are welcomed everywhere, and if its on the screen its even better!
now if you are complaing about 4 positions on the screen just scrool down and you can continue to use it normally
in my point of view its pointless your opinion

kdinluks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wiiwu said:
Nice work again Leathl, just notice a bug I think.

If I select 10 wad,
goto another folder,
return to same folder,
select same 10 wad a 2nd time,
press 1 to batch install, and it tells me 20 wads selected for install.
a way to corretc it is to create a routine to check every line that is dispayed to see if its already on the (un)install list and put the apropriated icon in its line.
since i'm not home can't check this right now

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I said I have no coding experience so thus I am left to making suggestions to the ones who can. My opinion counts just as much as yours, and since this is not a finished product, suggestions are usually a good thing. Most programs do not put instructions on the screen and people figure out how to use them just fine. If the instructions do not get in the way of functionality then there is no problem with having them on screen, but if they do, then that is moving in the wrong direction. Do Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Firefox, pretty much any other application for Windows, Mac, or the Wii put instructions directly on the screen with the application? I don't think so, but perhaps you can find one example to prove me wrong. Instructions are somewhere, yes, but not right in front of you all the time. This is not rocket science, but if you are such a newbie that you cannot figure it out and you cannot read a README, then perhaps this tool which can make major modifications to your precious Wii is not for you!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice!

Can there be a button to instantly mark all wads in the folder for (un)installation?
biggrin.gif

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
love this mod... the only thing it is missing is LAN support... If this was combined with the LAN mod version.. wad manager would be ALMOST complete!
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Nice!

Can there be a button to instantly mark all wads in the folder for (un)installation?
biggrin.gif
yeah, this sounds good.
just a thought, what about a database that keeps track of all the system menu and system menu IOS's so it does not let you uninstall them at any cost.

kdinluks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xzxero said:
IlluminiX said:
My suggestion is to have Wad Manager detect what Wads you have installed and mark them accordingly on boot.
what do you mean mark them on boot?
I think he meant that upon loading WM, it would show in the wad list those wad already installed with a plus in it
But I think it would be too tricky because you can rename the Wad as you want

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xzxero said:
just a thought, what about a database that keeps track of all the system menu and system menu IOS's so it does not let you uninstall them at any cost.

Anyone with BootMii / boot 2 (only with BootMii / boot2!!!) could try this.
It should, when trying to uninstall any system title (IOS, Menu, ..) give you a warning and ask if it should continue or not. Not sure if it really does though
biggrin.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?oyt2hcyz3z4

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for that 2 be implemented, the program would have to be able to read the title id of each wad at start up, and compare it against the wii's installed channel ID's (which could take a fair amount of time), then those files could be marked with an asterisk (*) rather than a plus sign (so we see the difference between channels already installed and channels scheduled to be installed). I don't think this is really necessary... generally any1 installing or uninstalling wads should know which ones are already installed... at least I would hope so

I do like xzxero's idea of restricting uninstalling system menu wads or IOS wads, however, sometimes to install a different version of an ios u need to uninstall it first, so maybe instead of restricting uninstallation, there should be a warning before uninstalling any IOS wad or system menu WAD... this is more for protection against noobs bricking their wii's, it would probably get annoying for veteran modders like myself (but how often do I uninstall an ios? not very often, so it may be worth it so noobs stop bricking themselves!). Or maybe we can specify in the config file whether we want a warning, or restriction or nothing... anyways, feel free to ignore the idea, it's just a thought

kdinluks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IlluminiX said:
I believe I said I have no coding experience so thus I am left to making suggestions to the ones who can. My opinion counts just as much as yours, and since this is not a finished product, suggestions are usually a good thing. Most programs do not put instructions on the screen and people figure out how to use them just fine. If the instructions do not get in the way of functionality then there is no problem with having them on screen, but if they do, then that is moving in the wrong direction. Do Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Firefox, pretty much any other application for Windows, Mac, or the Wii put instructions directly on the screen with the application? I don't think so, but perhaps you can find one example to prove me wrong. Instructions are somewhere, yes, but not right in front of you all the time. This is not rocket science, but if you are such a newbie that you cannot figure it out and you cannot read a README, then perhaps this tool which can make major modifications to your precious Wii is not for you!
You must not remember or you haven't used it, but Microsoft's program on its earlier releases had an interrogation icon side to X that was used to show help to somethings in the screen that the users didn't know of. But since users got used to Microsoft's programs they gave up on this functionalitie. Since it's not our case, since this program is a scene release I think this kind of help is very pertinent as I think everyone should be able to run this application and install the games they want, not just geek people like you. But as you said it's just my opinion

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am well aware of the Help tools on older MS software, but it still was only there if you needed it - not all the time. If the majority of users want instructions then I won't object, but since I think it is the minority, then the Readme should be sufficient. This tool is not for "everyone" - but rather those who understand its potential and also the danger (bricking with bad channels, etc). That's MY opinion.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I do like xzxero's idea of restricting uninstalling system menu wads or IOS wads, however, sometimes to install a different version of an ios u need to uninstall it first, so maybe instead of restricting uninstallation, there should be a warning before uninstalling any IOS wad or system menu WAD... this is more for protection against noobs bricking their wii's, it would probably get annoying for veteran modders like myself (but how often do I uninstall an ios? not very often, so it may be worth it so noobs stop bricking themselves!). Or maybe we can specify in the config file whether we want a warning, or restriction or nothing... anyways, feel free to ignore the idea, it's just a thought
you can always use ATD to delete IOS

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
love this mod... the only thing it is missing is LAN support... If this was combined with the LAN mod version.. wad manager would be ALMOST complete!
smile.gif

+10000 to this!

If they merged, it would be the ultimate tool! Well, maybe also merged with the GUI WAD Manager mod, THEN it will be the ULTIMATE tool!
tongue.gif

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Nice!

biggrin.gif

I would love to get an version that can do that. it will do anything easyer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?