Hacking WAD Manager 1.4 BETA1

  • Thread starter Thread starter wiiman123
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,922
  • Replies Replies 9
The readme (and the text on your website) got all screwed up for some reason. Here's how it should be:

Code:
UNOFFICIAL RELEASE & DOCUMENTATION: WAD Manager 1.4 BETA 1
----------------------------------------------------------

COMPILED FROM http://github.com/waninkoko

[DISCLAIMER]: 

- THIS APPLICATION COMES WITH NO WARRANTY AT ALL, NEITHER EXPRESS NOR IMPLIED. I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE IN YOUR WII CONSOLE BECAUSE OF A IMPROPER USAGE OF THIS SOFTWARE.


[ DESCRIPTION ]: 

- WAD Manager is an application that allows you to (un)install WAD packages. 

It lists all the available WAD packages in a storage device so you can select which ones to (un) install. 


[ SUPPORTED DEVICES ]:
- SDGecko. 
- Internal SD slot (with SDHC support).
- USB device. 


[ HOW TO USE ]: 

1. Create a folder called "wad" in the root of the storage device.
2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.
3. Run the application with any method to load homebrew.


[ NOTES ]: 

- If a Custom IOS is detected, WAD Manager will load it automatically to take advantage of its benefits. 


[ KUDOS ]: 

- Team Twiizers/devkitPRO -> libogc
- svpe -> usbstorage driver
 
wiiman123 said:
This is a unofficial release and documentation thanks to the source from Waninkoko's Homebrew site. (http://github.com/waninkoko)

Ive tested it ... and it works.

Grab a copy here.
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/wad-...-14-beta-1.html
Who made this? Has this been tested? What is new in this UNOFFICIAL version??


Thanks!
yay.gif
 
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
wiiman123 said:
This is a unofficial release and documentation thanks to the source from Waninkoko's Homebrew site. (http://github.com/waninkoko)

Ive tested it ... and it works.

Grab a copy here.
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/wad-...-14-beta-1.html
Who made this? Has this been tested? What is new in this UNOFFICIAL version??


Thanks!
yay.gif


I tried it a few minutes ago. (Compiled myself)
I installed a few wads, it seems to work fine.

I didn't notice any new features, but the background is different:
17585background.png


I think I'll stay with Wad manager 1.3 until this has been tested more and Waninkoko considers it "stable"
 
Oh, it's that background from the cIOS installers.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if it kept the old background. That is, the lack thereof.
 
You failed at the concept of git repository, public code sharing does not mean you can decide when a new version is ready to be publically released, it's up to the developper to decide

please be serious, even the documentation is just a version number change as you obviously have NO CLUE about the change that were made by waninkoko...

I now expect a bunch of "official" releases thread on gbatemp everytime someone change a single line of code in waninkoko git
rolleyes.gif
 
Im a publisher.. not a developer.... so I couldn't care less Jacobeian.

Not gonna release updates for every line of code.... One time deal.
biggrin.gif


I found it interesting. Thought others would.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted