Gaming wad installer problems

dcwhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys im using modded wii with 3.3u firmware. I have a burned copy of zelda. i am using a twilight hack to install wads.
i get to the wad installer, but when i start the install it says

Installing WAD...
Installing ticket (NACP) ... Error! (ret = -2011)

ERROR: Could not install WAD! (ret = -2011)
could it be my SD card?
please help

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Diffusion said:
23 October 08: Nintendo has (finally) released an update which blocks fakesigning on all IOSes. As usual, updating is not recommended until further details and implications regarding homebrew are examined.

QUOTE said:
* This blocks new installations of anything fakesigned, that is, Homebrew Channel (both new installs and updates), unofficial wads (legal and illegal), Starfall, cIOS, BootMii, anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX (used for apps which have DVD support). This list is not exhaustive, but please add to it if you think of anything else.
* This also blocks access to /dev/flash in all IOSes but IOS30, IOS31 and IOS37. This means raw nand dumping utilities, for example Yet Another Wii NAND Dumper, no longer work, since by default homebrew uses IOS35
* If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like Homebrew Channel, etc.
* The homebrew developers are already planning how to work around this update.
* You currently need this update to access the Wii Shop Channel.
* If you already have the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as Homebrew Browser are completely unaffected as long as you already have the Homebrew Channel.
* It updates all IOSes with the fakesigning bug, and adds IOS51. .

Source: Wiibrew.org

The System Menu is still 3.3

To regain access to the shop channel without updating to the new 3.3, use these installers:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

If you updated and have a cIOS, you can try using waninkoko's IOS Downgrader v1.0, to regain the IOSes with the signing bug.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111...t&p=1486802

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs