SAME HERE!!
Thanks Paradox!!

lmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempted to use this and when the TP exploit starts I see it is attemtping to run however then I see all kinds of numbers continuous on the screen never stopping? If I replace with the regular WAD Installer 2, it runs fine and installs the WAD/VC Games just fine. I just don't want to keep doing the TP exploit to install and uninstall the VC Wads. Anyone know what I'm going wrong?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lmaster123 said:
Attempted to use this and when the TP exploit starts I see it is attemtping to run however then I see all kinds of numbers continuous on the screen never stopping? If I replace with the regular WAD Installer 2, it runs fine and installs the WAD/VC Games just fine. I just don't want to keep doing the TP exploit to install and uninstall the VC Wads. Anyone know what I'm going wrong?

This is a channel you isntall this channel using the wad installer .elf

lmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
lmaster123 said:

I'm a newbie at this so forgive me.. Are you stating that I should use the the normal WAD Installler v2 and name it boot.elf on the root of the SD and put JParadox's WAD Installer channel with banner in the WAD directory? Is this correct?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lmaster123 said:
Prime said:
lmaster123 said:

I'm a newbie at this so forgive me.. Are you stating that I should use the the normal WAD Installler v2 and name it boot.elf on the root of the SD and put JParadox's WAD Installer channel with banner in the WAD directory? Is this correct?

Yes! then start up the boot.elf and it will install the wad installer channel

lmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmaster123 said:
Prime said:
lmaster123 said:

Guess I answered my own question. Did that and installed. Thanks for the help!!

cloverfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
God, I feel like a noob too... but I hope someone will explain it to me anyway. I would be grateful
wink.gif

I get confused about the wad installer and the wad installer channel and the homebrew channel and the homebrew launcher. And then about the elf and wad files.

I understand that the Wad (un|in)staller Channel can install (and uninstall) .wad files (VC/WiiWare) from the Wii menu out of a SD card. But to install these channels you need to use the TP hack.

I have an SD card with a downloaded TP hack save file in the correct folders. But what do I need to put on the SD card? The wadinstallerchannel.wad or .elf file?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cloverfield said:
God, I feel like a noob too... but I hope someone will explain it to me anyway. I would be grateful
wink.gif

I get confused about the wad installer and the wad installer channel and the homebrew channel and the homebrew launcher. And then about the elf and wad files.

I understand that the Wad (un|in)staller Channel can install (and uninstall) .wad files (VC/WiiWare) from the Wii menu out of a SD card. But to install these channels you need to use the TP hack.

I have an SD card with a downloaded TP hack save file in the correct folders. But what do I need to put on the SD card? The wadinstallerchannel.wad or .elf file?

If you have the TP hack already installed then you go get the wadinstaller.elf and name it boot.elf, then you make a folder in your sd card called wad and put the wadinstaller.wad in that.

It isn't rocket science people!!!

cloverfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prime said:
cloverfield said:
wink.gif

If you have the TP hack already installed then you go get the wadinstaller.elf and name it boot.elf, then you make a folder in your sd card called wad and put the wadinstaller.wad in that.

It isn't rocket science people!!!
For me it is more than rocket science!
wink.gif
Sorry.

But I allready named wadinstaller.elf to boot.elf (to place in the root of the SD card) and have a folder "wad" with the .wad file in it ready....

...I haven't done the TP hack yet... that's the first problem, I have
smile.gif
(I only have the saved game on the SD card now, need I more)?

cloverfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prime said:
No you don't need more. Just load the save and talk to the guy and it will load the boot.elf.
And that would be the boot.elf (renamed from wadinstaller.elf) and having wadinstaller.wad in the wad folder?!

cloverfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prime said:
FFS

Yes! Just install it already!
I am trying to! But there is nothing happening :\ (and I am a little afraid to brick something or whatever)

I loaded the hacked saved game, the letters start rolling on screen... nothing happens for 3 minutes (reset) noting in the menu.

SD\boot.elf (= wadinstaller.elf)
\private\wii\title\RZDP\data.bin
\wad\WAD-Installer_v2.1-BANNER(PaRaDoX).wad

so...? ffs!

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
awesome...

now that your data.bin is the twilight hacked save file, load up zelda the twilight princess. then go to load a saved file and clicky on the one with a ton of hearts. you are now into the game and there is a guy in front of you.

you move link and talk to this guy and then ... the miracle happens. the world turns black you see lots of nice lines... and when everything is over and you reboot your channel will be at the menu.

but ya now humor aside that is the way to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson