Homebrew WAD help needed.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I know I posted a thread a little while ago but that didn't do anything. So here is what is happening right now. I have my apps folder on the root of my SD, then inside I have a folder called Wad inside that I have a boot.dol file, IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, and IOS38-64-v3609.wad. And then I have Super Mario Bros.wad. What am I missing??? Oh and I have the Wad folder on the root of my card too but the only thing missing in that one is the boot.dol, everything else is the same. I know I have plenty of room on my Wii but I just get an error when I try to install it. I haven't done any patching or anything...so what do I need to patch, what patcher do I need and where can I get the patch and patcher? I can get the error code if needed...Thanks!

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you read any of the guides? You couldn't be doing it more wrong if you shoved a slice of toast into the Wii.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, still, I think we should help him out. Get WAD manager 1.4, run that, click install SMB. Done. There shouldn't be any need to patch anything. What system menu and version of wad manager are you using? If you are using wad installer, then go download WAD manager, it's much better.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ACWWFAN - sounds like you got your files in a mess.

On the root of your SD should be two folders:

'WAD' - put all .wad files in this one
'apps' - place folders of each app you need (named accordingly) in this one. Each folder must have a file named 'boot.dol' for the HBC to 'see' it

You're gonna need app called Wad Manager (v1.4 latest) to install .wad files, and if your gonna start messin with wad's I suggest you find out about 'recovery' methods should anything go wrong.

bottom line.............u gotta read........lots
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...