Hacking Wad file caused semi-brick?

AliceReinhart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I was recently going through the endeavour of playing Monster Hunter 3 and finally got it to work, I wanted to start playing online but when I went to the Wii settings it gives the Opera browser error thing im sure some of you have seen if you did a update firmware from another region different from your wii.

Anyone so the bottom line for me is, how do I fix this? Im pretty sure it was a wad file or something I installed cause Im pretty sure I didnt update firmware from another region and if I did I tried patching with brawl and animal crossing and nothing changed, even the system menu 289 boot disc thats supposed to help just seems to crash once I run it.

any ideas guys? = /

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling your current System Menu (i.e.- if you have 3.2U, reinstall 3.2U). Use NUS Downloader to generate the System Menu WAD.

If you do not have it already, I would recommend installing Preloader (if you're on 3.2, 4.0, or 4.1) and BootMii.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was a bad wad just unistall the wad. If not ull have to reinstall ur system menu wad like dude said above me. If u install 4.0 or higher make sure u install a patched ios 60 first or ull have a full brick. If u can t figure out nus u can get system menu wads from the ultimate 4.0 guides offline pack on first page of it thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even