vWii Usb Loader Trouble+Nintendont Trouble

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by legendtaker236, Sep 19, 2016.

1. legendtaker236
    OP

legendtaker236 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    San Bernardino, California
    I recently hacked the vWii on the wii u, installing everything as said on the Sticky thread "Definitive vWii hacking Guide"

Now after dumping some of my old wii games and two of my Gamecube games i got an error with them.

first with USB Loader, i tried to run 3 games 'Kirby Return to Dreamland, New Super Mario Bros. wii and Mario Kart Wii' and while i can go into the menus and try to start the game, once im about to play it goes to a black screen and freezes EX: Starting a grand prix = Black screen, starting adventure mode = Black Screen, Starting Story on NSMBW, shows cutscene and map, try to start a stage, black screen. i dont know what i did wrong but i cant get any game to work.

Second, on Nintendont i was able to launch and play my two games without issue 'Def Jam FFNY and Luigi's Mansion' however when trying to launch it on USB Loader, it keeps saying Error: To Run Gamecube Games with nintendont you need to set your "Main Gamecube Path"on the first primary Fat32 Partition. ive set the gamecube path to USB:games but still it wont work

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Is your Hard Disk or USB Stick formatted to FAT32 or NTFS? GameCube games will only work on FAT32 partitions.

About the Wii games... did you backup them yourself? Maybe they are defective. Try to download some from those iso sites out there, and test with the same games to see if that was the issue.

3. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    its a Hard drive WD MY Passport 1tb formatted to FAT32, i placed Luigi's Mansion on my SD card and tried to load it via Usb Loader, and it works, but with my Hard drive it doesnt load it due to the Main Gamecube Path error

as for WII i dumped the games myself, but i got them to work after changing from ios249 to ios250 so hopefully that fixes the other games im planning to dump

Olmectron likes this.
  4. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    What version of Nintendont are you using? Did you update it to the latest one? You can do so directly from the app, starting on version 3, I think.

5. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    ok i have updated Nintedont to the latest firmware, however im still getting the error with gamecube games

Last edited by legendtaker236, Sep 19, 2016
  6. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    @legendtaker236 , pls make sure there are no other hidden partitions on your drive..

7. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    yeah i made sure there was no hidden partition, just cant get it to work

owek1 likes this.
  8. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    since you followed the vwii guide, did you use Bootice to reformat? or other formatting software? only Bootice for me was able to see the hidden partition on my drive, tho im not saying other softwares don't work..i had the same issue before until i reformatted again with Bootice..hope you will be able to fix your issue..

CJB100 likes this.
  9. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    If it's complaining about partitions, you have extra partitions or a non-MBR formatting. Did you use bootice to format your drive?

owek1 likes this.
  10. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    yeah its asking me for a "primary FAT32" and i used another program to format my HDD to FAT32, so i will use Bootice right now

11. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    i did the same thing before (using different software), so yeah, just use Bootice, and follow the guide in vWii sticky on how to use it and there's a 98percent chance that will fix your issue..Best of Luck..

CJB100 likes this.
  12. CJB100

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Make sure it looks exactly like the picture in the guide. First 3 partitions set to 0 size, MBR partition, 32, whatever else, make it look EXACTLY the same minus the size of the last partition, it will default to the entire drive.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#19

Follow this to an absolute T.

13. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
  14. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    i was able to follow it exactly how it was shown, successfully formatted, however i cant access the HDD via File explorer to add the games manually

15. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    im assuming you immediately used uStealth right after Bootice? don't use uStealth yet until you are done copying files to your newly formatted hard drive..once you are done, hide your drive using uStealth before plugging to the back of your Wii U..if you wana add more in the future, run uStealth again to unhide drive, copy files, hide drive again and back to Wii U, etc etc..

Last edited by owek1, Sep 19, 2016
    CJB100 likes this.
  16. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    i didnt use Ustealth, once i used Bootice the drive dissapeared, i tried unplugging and plugging the hdd back, and even with my pc recognizing it i still cant get access into the drive

17. CJB100

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Sounds like you may have unplugged it part way through the formatting process, or perhaps something just went wrong in Bootice. First I've heard of this. But you should be able to search disk partition in your start menu's search bar and then start up disk partition in Windows. From there you should see the drive as unformatted space, and you can make it formatted to NTFS, then try using Bootice again.

Last edited by CJB100, Sep 19, 2016
    owek1 likes this.
  18. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    it said formatting was successful when i used bootice, i tried using bootice again but still dont have access to the HDD

19. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    try a different USB port or cable? not sure if it makes any difference LOL..am already at work unfortunately so i could not check Bootice right now :(

Last edited by owek1, Sep 19, 2016
  20. legendtaker236
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    it didnt change at all, in fact i cant change it back to normal