Hacking vWii Usb Loader Trouble+Nintendont Trouble

legendtaker236

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked the vWii on the wii u, installing everything as said on the Sticky thread "Definitive vWii hacking Guide"

Now after dumping some of my old wii games and two of my Gamecube games i got an error with them.

first with USB Loader, i tried to run 3 games 'Kirby Return to Dreamland, New Super Mario Bros. wii and Mario Kart Wii' and while i can go into the menus and try to start the game, once im about to play it goes to a black screen and freezes EX: Starting a grand prix = Black screen, starting adventure mode = Black Screen, Starting Story on NSMBW, shows cutscene and map, try to start a stage, black screen. i dont know what i did wrong but i cant get any game to work.

Second, on Nintendont i was able to launch and play my two games without issue 'Def Jam FFNY and Luigi's Mansion' however when trying to launch it on USB Loader, it keeps saying Error: To Run Gamecube Games with nintendont you need to set your "Main Gamecube Path"on the first primary Fat32 Partition. ive set the gamecube path to USB:games but still it wont work

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently hacked the vWii on the wii u, installing everything as said on the Sticky thread "Definitive vWii hacking Guide"

Now after dumping some of my old wii games and two of my Gamecube games i got an error with them.

first with USB Loader, i tried to run 3 games 'Kirby Return to Dreamland, New Super Mario Bros. wii and Mario Kart Wii' and while i can go into the menus and try to start the game, once im about to play it goes to a black screen and freezes EX: Starting a grand prix = Black screen, starting adventure mode = Black Screen, Starting Story on NSMBW, shows cutscene and map, try to start a stage, black screen. i dont know what i did wrong but i cant get any game to work.

Second, on Nintendont i was able to launch and play my two games without issue 'Def Jam FFNY and Luigi's Mansion' however when trying to launch it on USB Loader, it keeps saying Error: To Run Gamecube Games with nintendont you need to set your "Main Gamecube Path"on the first primary Fat32 Partition. ive set the gamecube path to USB:games but still it wont work

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
Is your Hard Disk or USB Stick formatted to FAT32 or NTFS? GameCube games will only work on FAT32 partitions.

About the Wii games... did you backup them yourself? Maybe they are defective. Try to download some from those iso sites out there, and test with the same games to see if that was the issue.

legendtaker236

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your Hard Disk or USB Stick formatted to FAT32 or NTFS? GameCube games will only work on FAT32 partitions.

About the Wii games... did you backup them yourself? Maybe they are defective. Try to download some from those iso sites out there, and test with the same games to see if that was the issue.

its a Hard drive WD MY Passport 1tb formatted to FAT32, i placed Luigi's Mansion on my SD card and tried to load it via Usb Loader, and it works, but with my Hard drive it doesnt load it due to the Main Gamecube Path error

as for WII i dumped the games myself, but i got them to work after changing from ios249 to ios250 so hopefully that fixes the other games im planning to dump

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its a Hard drive WD MY Passport 1tb formatted to FAT32, i placed Luigi's Mansion on my SD card and tried to load it via Usb Loader, and it works, but with my Hard drive it doesnt load it due to the Main Gamecube Path error

as for WII i dumped the games myself, but i got them to work after changing from ios249 to ios250 so hopefully that fixes the other games im planning to dump
What version of Nintendont are you using? Did you update it to the latest one? You can do so directly from the app, starting on version 3, I think.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah i made sure there was no hidden partition, just cant get it to work

since you followed the vwii guide, did you use Bootice to reformat? or other formatting software? only Bootice for me was able to see the hidden partition on my drive, tho im not saying other softwares don't work..i had the same issue before until i reformatted again with Bootice..hope you will be able to fix your issue..

Reactions: CJB100

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah its asking me for a "primary FAT32" and i used another program to format my HDD to FAT32, so i will use Bootice right now

i did the same thing before (using different software), so yeah, just use Bootice, and follow the guide in vWii sticky on how to use it and there's a 98percent chance that will fix your issue..Best of Luck..

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah its asking me for a "primary FAT32" and i used another program to format my HDD to FAT32, so i will use Bootice right now

Make sure it looks exactly like the picture in the guide. First 3 partitions set to 0 size, MBR partition, 32, whatever else, make it look EXACTLY the same minus the size of the last partition, it will default to the entire drive.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#19

Follow this to an absolute T.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was able to follow it exactly how it was shown, successfully formatted, however i cant access the HDD via File explorer to add the games manually

im assuming you immediately used uStealth right after Bootice? don't use uStealth yet until you are done copying files to your newly formatted hard drive..once you are done, hide your drive using uStealth before plugging to the back of your Wii U..if you wana add more in the future, run uStealth again to unhide drive, copy files, hide drive again and back to Wii U, etc etc..

Last edited by owek1,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt use Ustealth, once i used Bootice the drive dissapeared, i tried unplugging and plugging the hdd back, and even with my pc recognizing it i still cant get access into the drive

Sounds like you may have unplugged it part way through the formatting process, or perhaps something just went wrong in Bootice. First I've heard of this. But you should be able to search disk partition in your start menu's search bar and then start up disk partition in Windows. From there you should see the drive as unformatted space, and you can make it formatted to NTFS, then try using Bootice again.

Last edited by CJB100,
Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it said formatting was successful when i used bootice, i tried using bootice again but still dont have access to the HDD

try a different USB port or cable? not sure if it makes any difference LOL..am already at work unfortunately so i could not check Bootice right now :(

Last edited by owek1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: