CAM00031.jpg

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I tried with a 2Gb sdhc (the one I usually use...) but not enough space !
Works with a sandisk 8Gb
I successfully launched "trinux" but my keyboard is not supported (Microsoft wireless 1000)
Try to change USB port but still doesn't work, but keyboard recognised when plugged.
Can't go further, I have no other keyboard :(

ÐeltaResero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
something (somewhat unrelated) that catches my eye there, the pvr = 0x00087200 ...
I've noticed that the code on the fail0verflow blog checks for a pvr that ENDS in 0101 and the 1-512 title checks for a pvr that STARTS with 7001, neither of which happen to match what's shown here.

I would have assumed that all Wii U's should have the same pvr value but just out of curiosity, I was wondering if I could get the results of a few more people running that "cat /proc/cpuinfo" command to check it out (this would include both on a Wii U AND a normal Wii to compare) ?

I ran "cat /proc/cpuinfo" using my 3.1 (WIP) kernel on my Wii console and got the same output with the exception of model but that's expected as the MIKEp5 patch isn't consistent with the mainline naming (nintendo,wii). Also, I ran lscpu and got the following:

Architecture: ppc
Byte Order: Big Endian
CPU(s): 1
On-line CPU(s) list: 0
Model: nintendo,wii
BogoMIPS: 121.50
L1d cache: 32k
L1i cache: 32k

Until the locations of the other CPUs on WiiU consoles are determined, I would expect the same output as above from them too (except Model). I revisited the commits between 2.6.32 and 3.0 as well as the MIKEp5 patch and didn't find anything that prevents SMP on PPC. From what I can tell, we'll eventually need to alter the wii.dts and starlet-mipc.c at minimal to add the missing hardware registers for the remaining CPUs and a function for initializing them. I don't understand how the extra CPUs being disable in vWii differs from how the wireless card in the Wii was disable in GameCube mode. From what I understand, 3 cores should be just as impossible as I don't think that they are controlled directly by the same hardware. As for the CPU frequencies, would I be correct in saying that we're stuck with the current Wii CPU frequency in vWii and that overclocking it to the WiiU frequency isn't going to be possible as the frequencies are fixed?

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe works the same as between Wii et GC mode in wiis ?
Crediar and tuedj managed to switch to "gc mode" without rebooting the Wii.
The also managed to run GC games, maybe by using another mode of Wii U proc ?
But, I wonder if eMMC would be accessible via linux ? Drivers exist in BSD, but it must be for "regular use" not for raw dump...
I also saw that there was a mistake in the driver one year ago.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mmc/msg15749.html
Don't know if it can be use in any way....

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someone to test a new kernel for me. Based off of DeltaResero's 3.0.86 build. This includes some minor patches to the kernel source in hopes of supporting the WiFi chipset(s) on the vWii.

http://vwii.idfbest.com/upload/zImage-3.0.86-CARVER .elf

backup your bootmii/ppcboot.elf, rename this file to ppcboot.elf and place in the bootmii/ folder of your sd card.

Please report back. Thanks

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the virtual wii or in general?

in general- i'm going to have to find a way for users to update their filesystems without an internet connection in the meantime. It's much easier if you can somehow mount the linux partition either inside a linux LIVE CD (on your desktop) or natively in windows with some special drivers.

However, please give this kernel a test, its 3.0.86 based off of Delta's git repo. I tested this last night and appeared to work well. Please confirm.

http://vwii.idfbest.com/upload/linux-3.0.86 PREEMP.elf

ÐeltaResero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doing this now. Give me a few...

EDIT:
Doesn't recognize my keyboard anymore. Using the same one since your very first test.

Gets to the trinux login but will not load my keyboard.

i have nothing else inserted except for a 2gb sd card.

EDIT:
It used to recognize ANY device upon plugging into the USB receptacle, now, nothing.

Tried and failed 4 different times now... Will not load any of my USB devices now while in your application.

This is likely likely due to the USB driver being unfinished and lacking proper DMA support. Someone recently sent me a link to a repository with the fix for 2.6.35, so hopefully sometime this Fall I should have some time to forward port it too and add it back in if no else does. For now, only keyboards and mice work with certain configurations. For now, I find the cheaper keyboards/mice generally have a better success rate.

Reactions: Ninja_Carver

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing now, Ninja and yes, with a little help, I can test anything you want me to test, whether it be in vWii or a pc.

I have been using the same GM321AA corded HP keyboard for every test he has asked to be performed.

I will let you know.

EDIT:

Don't know what to say... None of my keyboards or any USB device for that matter is even recognized anymore with the last two kernels that you have asked me to test.

I went back and tested a previous version and it seems to to recognize all of my stuff. If only you could re-implement whatever is now broken... If something, in fact, is broken...

Hmm... unplug and replug the keyboard in a few times, testing it after each plug/unplug... let me know if that does anything for you. Your "working" kernel version was 2.6.32. This kernel is 3.0.86. A big jump. This is a monumental leap in our development as in all likelihood we will need an updated kernel/userspace in order to build a sustainable platform from which homebrew can be based off of. Developing on a 3 year old system is meh.

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, if you could, do the following:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt
zcat /proc/config.gz > /mnt/kernel.config

shut down the system with "halt" command, and place the sd card in your pc and upload that kernel.config file for me.
also, the output of the 'lsusb' command would be helpful in diagnosing your issue.

thanks

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried every character on the keyboard with shift and without shift and cannot get the ">" symbol to come up. Any certain key combination? I notice that the only keys that work correctly in this application are the number and letter keys. For example, I have to press shift + 7 to get the "/" symbol. Clicking on the actual symbol on the keyboard gets me a colon sign or a period, depending on if I am pressing the shift button. Sorry for even asking. I have no idea why it is doing this... Has since day one of testing...

I CAN get it to mount though, if that means anything...

basically the linux distribution you are using right now is the whiite release, which is ancient, and uses the spanish keyboard mapping. if you type:

swapon /dev/mmcblk0p3
dpkg-reconfigure console-data and select ONLY en_US and en_US.UTF8, your keyboard mappings should change to english.

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram