vwii homebrew OR WiiU Homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dnavia, Sep 10, 2016.

1. dnavia
    OP

dnavia Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Canada
    Hey guys, long time viewer and first time poster. I hacked my vWii on my WiiU sometime last year or the year prior with no issues. At the time WiiU was still unhackable, but I see there has been lots of progress on that as of late. My question is, is there any risk if I were to run Wii U homebrew while having a hacked vWii. If so, can I 'unhack' my vWii?

Also, is there any benefit of the WiiU homebrew vs the vWii homebrew? I apologize in advance if this has been answered, I was not able to find a topic about this.

2. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    No risk whatsoever. All Wii U homebrew is temporary; every time you reboot, everything resets. And you can do "more" with vWii homebrew, but the things you can do with Wii U homebrew is different (for example, you can't mod Wii U games with vWiil homebrew).

dnavia likes this.
  3. dnavia
    OP

dnavia Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Canada
    Ahh ok. I won't even bother in that case. My hacked vWii works perfectly :) But good to know should I change my mind! Many thanks!

Logan Pockrus likes this.
  4. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Well, don't get me wrong; what we've got is cool, and Wii U homebrew is infinitely easier to set up (than vWii homebrew), so if you're interested in using it at any point, you might as well (you've got nothing to lose).

dnavia likes this.
  5. dnavia
    OP

dnavia Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Canada

Yeah thats a good point. I'm sure at some point i'll tinker around :D

Logan Pockrus likes this.