vWii Help Desperate . games won't load from usb

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by casey bandy, Feb 7, 2016.

1. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I got usb loader gx to work with gamecube and wii games with a usb stick, I got an external hard drive and now it seems everything is messed up. It wouldn't show the games and then it says I have to copy gamecube game to sd, make primary partition, other things I don't recall I've been struggling with this for days. PLEASE don't tell me to refer to a guide, I've been reading guides and watching tutorials and trying this and that for days. I just want to play already after all this trouble. I thought it was supposed to be easy, apparently I have done something wrong along the way.

I just want to play gamecube and wii backups on usb loader gx and have a channel forwarder for it. I tried to install the wad and it said it couldn't be completed. I had everything working perfectly until trying to switch from the usb stick to a external hard drive by just copying and pasting and I don't know why it won't just work. Sorry for rambling trying to include as much info as possible. Will try to respond to questions trying to help asap. Thank you in advance.

I'm attaching the sys check because I have no idea what I'm doing.

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
    ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
    System Menu 4.3U (v545)

Could not detect the drive date!
    Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
    Console ID: 605572959
    Console Type: Wii
    Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
    Boot2 v0
    Found 51 titles.
    Found 34 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stubs.

IOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
    IOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
    IOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
    IOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
    IOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
    IOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
    IOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
    IOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
    IOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
    IOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
    IOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
    IOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
    IOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
    IOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
    IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
    IOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
    IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
    vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
    vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
    Report generated on 02/07/2016.

2. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Also; I was playing fire emblem radiant dawn off the usb stick using cheats and everything. When i try to play it on the external hard drive it just resets to the home brew screen.

Tried to go back to using usb stick and I'm having the same problems. Somehow I messed up the working set up I finally got going, by doing nothing but switching what I'm loading games from.

I had nintendont and the dx vwii clos ios all installed, I don't know the terms too well but just fyi.

3. Odven

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    What size is the hard drive, what format is it, I'm pretty sure you need fat 32 format. If your games don't show up in USB loader, do they show up in nintendont (the gamecube ones)? I'm not an expert but I've had this happen on my 128gb flash drive

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    How is your hdd powered? does it have its own power or its powered from the wiiuu? if it takes its power from the wiiu you need a Y cable or your hdd wont work.

Is your hdd MBR and fat32 formated? is fat32 the primary partition?

5. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I attached a picture of the ehd I got, I checked it's compatibly on the list and it says it works fine.

2tb, fat32. I turned the sleep timer to never, so it wouldn't shut off on me. I can't find the option to change GameCube loader from dios mios to nintendont on usb loader gx anymore. I had played fire emblem path of radiance and Baten kaitos with no problem before I attempted to switch.

It has its own power source.
    Mbr? I'm pretty ignorant to a lot of this tbh. And yes fat32, I formatted the whole drive to fat32, it should be the only partition? Is that right? Idk

Thanks for replies.

Attached Files:

Last edited by casey bandy, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Odven

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    Well can you at least use nintendont with your hdd?

7. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    i just tried, it said " failure to load kernal from nand" i believe. or something similar.

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    First of all, Dont.
    Installing wads on a vWii its a big No No.

Second, if you dont have anything valuable on your HDD. try to reformat it using a third party tool or CMD, and be sure it does not contain a hidden partition.

9. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Don't know where to post this, but which CFG do I need to get the new Wiimotes to work? I have CFG 70r47 I think.

10. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    all the homebrew apps, including all the Usb Loaders, are update with the latest libogc SVN, so they should work fine, no matter what wii mote you use.

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    unless they are fake 3rd party wiimotes, most of those dont work on any homebrew app.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  12. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Move everything from your SD card over to your usb drive and remove the SD card.

13. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I thought I was using a wad for a channel forwarder that was specifically for the vwii. Is there no way to get a channel forwarder if I ever get this working? Also, It was brand new and I formatted it before anything else. It showed 2tb free space out of 2tb, so there shouldn't be a hidden partition on there.

I thought the ehd could only have wii and GameCube games on it? With any other files on there making it not work?

I will try both anyway and report back. I appreciate everyone trying to help me figure this out.

Last edited by casey bandy, Feb 9, 2016
  14. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Nope. I don't use an SD card at all.

15. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    hard drive is as it should be;
    and when i moved usb loader gx and nintendont to the external hard drive and remove sd card they dont show up in homebrew channel.

is there anything i can do so someone can help narrow down and solve whatever issue it is i'm having? i thought sys check would tell what was wrong.

16. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Remove litterally everything from the SD card. Apps folder, wbfs folder, etc and copy it over to the hard drive. Then take out the SD card. And your syscheck is fine. Everything that nerds to be patched is patched correctly. I say this because I had the exact same issue and that was the advice given to me and everything worked fantastically.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey, Feb 9, 2016
  17. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    That's exactly what I did and nothing would show up in home brew menu. Ill try again when I get home shortly.

18. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Press 1 or 2 I can't remember and switch to USB from SD card in homebrew channel

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey, Feb 9, 2016
    Azeryn likes this.
  19. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    this is what i copied over. its everything on the card. if anything shouldn't be there let me know.

Attached Files:

20. casey bandy
    OP

casey bandy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I switched to usb on the menu like you said but it doesn't show all the apps.
    These pictured and multi mod are the only apps that will show up. I tried to run usb loader gx through multi mod but it says it failed to, or can't load or something. I then tried taking multi mod off thinking it was causing the other apps not to appear; but that's not the case.
    Getting closer I guess.

Attached Files:

Last edited by casey bandy, Feb 10, 2016