Extended Realities (VR, AR, MR)

VR Social Spaces, and hangouts, what do you use and/or recommend?

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been seeing a lot of movement in the VR Social space scene, originally VR Chat was one of the only ones on the scene to do this but now there seems to be more than a few alternatives out there that either expand upon the concept or cater to other audiences. One notable one I have seen mention a few times up and coming as a decent competitor is NEOS which seems to combine the concept that VR Chat has but also has systems in place closer to Gmod in terms of spawning items and creating things in virtual space. That said its still far from being perfect and is not as popular as VR Chat is at the moment.

Also theres Horizons, but lets be honest here most of us are probably not taking Facebook's version of VR seriously.

What are some other alternative VR Spaces have you experienced/recommended? Also for the hell of it, feel free to share stories if you want Just make sure they are SFW stories after all! :rofl2:

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have been seeing a lot of movement in the VR Social space scene, originally VR Chat was one of the only ones on the scene to do this but now there seems to be more than a few alternatives out there that either expand upon the concept or cater to other audiences. One notable one I have seen mention a few times up and coming as a decent competitor is NEOS which seems to combine the concept that VR Chat has but also has systems in place closer to Gmod in terms of spawning items and creating things in virtual space. That said its still far from being perfect and is not as popular as VR Chat is at the moment.

Also theres Horizons, but lets be honest here most of us are probably not taking Facebook's version of VR seriously.

What are some other alternative VR Spaces have you experienced/recommended? Also for the hell of it, feel free to share stories if you want Just make sure they are SFW stories after all! :rofl2:
I spend most of my time in VRchat/Rec Room

All I can say there is if you want good friends, you gotta look for them

NEOS is great. Technically better than VRchat, but VRchat is where almost all of the social players are at right now.

Horizons…
A little letter to everyone here, from yours truly:
Don’t EVER do Facebook horizon. You have to always follow facebook’s rules, even in private rooms. Moderators can join private rooms at any time uninvited, and they appear invisible to everyone else.
If you break any of these rules, your Facebook account can get banned. If that happens, you do indeed lose access to everything on your Quest headset and oculus account.
It’s horrendous.

Reactions: Willgheminass

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Neos does a lot of things right, but it runs badly, importing your avatar is a hassle, and there aren't enough people playing it.
FBT is also broken from what I heard.
It has the advantage in feature set, it's just lacking a lot of polish.
VRChat is still the best in every other way. There's just so much more to do in vrchat.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horizons…
A little letter to everyone here, from yours truly:
Don’t EVER do Facebook horizon. You have to always follow facebook’s rules, even in private rooms. Moderators can join private rooms at any time uninvited, and they appear invisible to everyone else.
If you break any of these rules, your Facebook account can get banned. If that happens, you do indeed lose access to everything on your Quest headset and oculus account.
It’s horrendous.

Good lord, that sounds dystopian as hell for a VR platform. Even if it was not attached to FB I would not step into that kind of mess. That's just bad.

As for me, I have been addicted to playing Backrooms Maps in VRChat recently, its so goddamn fun especially the one where its a puzzle map.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: