Homebrew VNDS converted novels

Gamer4life85

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is the link to the ds port of Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer: mediafire.(com)/file/0c2db1uylv41y60/Kikokugai_-_ds_v1.01.zip/file (delete the parenthesis around "com": I can't post link yet since I am new)
If you encounter any bugs pls message me :).

The android port is works too, but the screen too much zoomed in. So if anyone knows how to fix that, I will put up that link too.

Edit: New link, I solved a bug/typo.

Last edited by Gamer4life85,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

thereandback

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
This one is a simple list of titles (interesting for those who are content with words, but basically useless), that one was an actual collection of VNs already converted and ready to use on DS.
So I'm guessing you didn't notice the download links for both the SD versions, plus HD versions for VNDS on Android, plus links to threads where one can find more info on the files? Both of our links are featured in the sidebar of the VNDS wiki, but the link I have posted provides in addition to the HD versions also useful information and links.

You should really get your eyes checked.

Last edited by thereandback,

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summary
porting VNDS android compatible format to DS is quite easy, but require a little work.
all hi-res graphic multiple files we can resize in infranview batch processing.
however front graphic have to be repositioned in script files.
about background music.. maybe i'm wrong but for mp3 i guess 44khz sound with high bitrate consume much cpu and sounds like 22khz(yes sounds worse than we can hear in moonshell). Sometimes I noticed skip or desynchro left and right channel. Other DS novels i checked have 22-32khz 64-92kb/s. Tried some and didn't noticed anything like that.
Sound effects as documentation says should be 22khz with 1 channel. Format is not spiecified so im not sure, it could be one of wav, mp3, ogg or aac. Maybe conversion ogg to aac is needed, tell the true i don't know and don't care.
Tool to file conversion - audacity seems ok, but i didn't find batch for more amount of files.
Is there a tool with UI to reposition the front graphic?

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you mean re-position by change graphic propeties as I wrote you can use infranview:

and in example resize to 256x192.
If you google you can find more automatic UI tool - vnds converter.

Reactions: SAORIxMEGUMIN

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean re-position by change graphic propeties as I wrote you can use infranview:

and in example resize to 256x192.
If you google you can find more automatic UI tool - vnds converter.

google search corrects to irfanview image editor. Is that incorrect? The part I need is to be able to change the text so it displays correctly on the resized images. Is there a tool that resizes the text?

Reactions: plasturion

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess, that's job for interpreter yes this image editor should be fine. Talking about converters, there are few of them that make job easier for specific game (hirugashi). I gues every novel is a little bit different standard. I don't know if you plan convert some novel from scratch, I wrote this tip as solution for already converted vnds projects but for bigger smartphone size, but honestly now I don't remember how to reposition in script files, any text editor should be fine.

Last edited by plasturion,

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, that's job for interpreter yes this image editor should be fine. Talking about converters, there are few of them that make job easier for specific game (hirugashi). I gues every novel is a little bit different standard. I don't know if you plan convert some novel from scratch, I wrote this tip as solution for already converted vnds projects but for bigger smartphone size, but honestly now I don't remember how to reposition in script files, any text editor should be fine.
Oh okay, I was wondering how it would apply to a VN that wasn't previously converted.

nesjosh935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, and basically made an account just for this. I have all the files from the mega, however, none of the files offered are in a .novel format that the wiki says I should have, furthermore the wiki says it shouldn't be put into individual files, and to ignore the old readme saying that.

So, how do I install VN? The old way or am I supposed to convert them myself? Any help will be appreciated!

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, and basically made an account just for this. I have all the files from the mega, however, none of the files offered are in a .novel format that the wiki says I should have, furthermore the wiki says it shouldn't be put into individual files, and to ignore the old readme saying that.

So, how do I install VN? The old way or am I supposed to convert them myself? Any help will be appreciated!
Are you putting them on a flashcart? For that I extracted each novel so that there is a folder with the title of the novel and inside should be the background, foreground, script files/folder, icon.png, infot.txt, sound files/folders, and a text file (.ttf). I placed those folders in a folder named VNDS at the root of the cart.

nesjosh935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you putting them on a flashcart? For that I extracted each novel so that there is a folder with the title of the novel and inside should be the background, foreground, script files/folder, icon.png, infot.txt, sound files/folders, and a text file (.ttf). I placed those folders in a folder named VNDS at the root of the cart.
I have the extracted folder contents and I have see all the contents that you're talking about. So is the wiki wrong talking about the .novels? If so I'd just drag the induvial folders into the /vnds folder and it should read it? I'm getting a Dsi with cfw soon, so I've just been setting up folders, would you recommend to put this into a flashcart vs on sd card?

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the extracted folder contents and I have see all the contents that you're talking about. So is the wiki wrong talking about the .novels? If so I'd just drag the induvial folders into the /vnds folder and it should read it? I'm getting a Dsi with cfw soon, so I've just been setting up folders, would you recommend to put this into a flashcart vs on sd card?
IDK how it works on a DSi since I am using a flash cart on a New 3DS XL.

It could be different, though the VNDS.nds file should be the same and mine reads it fine from the VNDS folder placed at the root of my SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON