VLC Media Player

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by djgabba, Mar 26, 2012.

Mar 26, 2012

VLC Media Player by djgabba at 4:05 AM (1,544 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. djgabba
    OP

Newcomer djgabba Member

United Kingdom
    Hi
    I was wanting to know if someone who knows how to code a programs sourcecode so it would run on the wii would do a wii version of VLC Meida Player as it is my fave media player for a pc, plus i love the 'Goom' visualization you can use when listing to Music & would love to use it thru the wii.
    here a link to the developer page where you can get the sorcecode from http://wiki.videolan.org/Developers_Corner
    home page http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    if you read vlc google code page, wiimc, is a version of vlc media player. just coded with mc player to work for wii..(more of an extinction/add on really.)
    http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/

3. djgabba
    OP

Newcomer djgabba Member

United Kingdom
    Oh i never knew that. Well if thats the case where do i put the request in for someone to add in a visualization part WiiMC with 'Goom' visualization????

4. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    wiimc has it's own webpage and forum. You could ask your request there.

5. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    the only thing i have is in my spoiler, it's a mod from way back, it was used for wiimc 1.1.4-.5 it's a theme mod. though it dosn't change the screen saver.( wish they would add geek box screensaver.). just look in my spoiler. as far as going to wiimc page, an asking.. good luck with that. if you get a reply or response.

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure WiiMC is based on mplayer and not VLC. The VLC-shares thing seems to be a program you run on a server to stream video to WiiMC. Apart from aesthetic reasons, there's not really a good reason to use VLC over mplayer anyway. It may have a few very small advantages, but even if it does, you'd be better off using mplayer2 as that would probably require less work to port and it's (in my opinion) better. I know mplayer2 can handle split MKV files and VLC can't.

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    This is correct. WiiMC is based on mplayer, not VLC.