Hacking Vitacheat causes crash loop when booting.

iv2b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i'm trying to install vitacheat but i'm greeted with a crash loop when trying to boot.

I am running 3.65, with henkaku and enso.
In ux0 i have no tai folder (i deleted it).
My tai folder (and config file) is located in ur0.
I do not have a um0 folder, i'm using an old psvita model without an sd card (i'm using a sony proprietary card atm).
I tried using both the version located [here] and the z05 found elsewhere.
ux0/vitacheat/ contains the suprx file, while ur0/vitacheat/ contains the skprx file.
I tried both with those files alone and with the variation with mem, font, tmp, options and db folders in ux0/vitacheat.

This is what my config.txt file looks like:
Code:
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd_uma0.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/kuio.skprx

*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx

*NPXS10015

*NPXS10016

*!PSPEMUCFW
*ALL
ur0:tai/vsh.suprx

*KERNEL
ur0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx

I did try putting the last 2 lines (well, only the last one) in the *KERNEL section above but that didn't help.

Any clue as to what i'm doing wrong?

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
1.) Does it happen with every game?
2.) Do you have .psv files for the games you're loading? If so, make sure all codes in each file start with V0, not V1. Some games won't load if the codes are already on when booting the game.

iv2b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1.) Does it happen with every game?
2.) Do you have .psv files for the games you're loading? If so, make sure all codes in each file start with V0, not V1. Some games won't load if the codes are already on when booting the game.

I don't have .psv files yet, i'll add them right away.

After commenting away the vitacheat line in config.txt, rebooting, and re-enabling it...it decided to work. I'm not sure why that worked but hey, nice. :)

*edit*

I added a db folder inside ux0/vitacheat and i've added psv files to it.
However i can't get the menu to open at all even then (i did reboot), i've tried dragon's crown and muramasa, altho the psv files are for the USA version while i have the EUR version, could that be the problem?
The menu doesn't open at all.

*edit2*

Apparently the mem,font,option folders should be generated automatically and not by hand? That never happened for me.
Are there other options other than vitacheat? I haven't seen much about rincheat for example.
Also i don't have any *ALL or *<gametitle> sections in my config.txt. I read the *ALL approach causes crashes, i guess i should try with the 2nd.

*edit3*

Added this to my ur0/tai/config.txt :
Code:
*ALL
ux0:vitacheat/vitacheat.suprx
But that didn't work either, i'm absolutely clueless now.

To recap:
config.txt file in ur0/tai/
This is in my config file:
Code:
*KERNEL
ur0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx
ur0/vitacheat contains vitacheat.skprx
ux0/vitacheat contains vitacheat.suprx
ux0/vitacheat didn't auto-create any additional folder, i added font, mem, options, temp and db. I've then added cheat files to the db folder.
I've tried dragon's crown and muramasa rebirth, i own both games (digital, european edition) and tried opening the menu using L (shoulder button) + right (on the D-pad), absolutely nothing happens.
I'm playing on one of the earliest versions of the ps vita, if it matters vitashell doesn't see um0 (i am not using a sd card, i am using a sony memory card).

Last edited by iv2b,

iv2b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As it turns out, my psvita decided to re-create the tai folder in ux0 with "default" settings, deleting the ux0/tai folder fixed all issues.:glare:

Reactions: eighthdayregret

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: