Vitacheat and dragonball z battle of z

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Shevrock, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Shevrock
    OP

Shevrock Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2018
    United States
    Hello. First off, no worries vita cheat is already installed and working, AFAIK, I just need a good PSV. I can only find a PSV for the japanese version of battle of z, PCSG00213, i "THINK" i need PCSE00305. I'm not gonna lie i got it of of pkgj because my physical copy got screwed. It was stuck in the port and i broke it trying to pry it out. I also looked at the two hex codes in the PCSG00213 file and tried to enter them manually, but they froze the game. not sure if i entered them wrong or something. Either way my brother loves this freaking game and is stuck on a mission. the two cheats that were in the PCSG00213 file, Max DP and PP, would help him greatly. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance. sorry for rambling a bit.

2. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Sorry don't help in your specific question, but why don't you just import some save file and use via savemgr? If you want I can share my save of the game complete.

3. MUDD_BR
    This message by MUDD_BR has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Dupe post.
    Oct 25, 2018
  4. MUDD_BR
    This message by MUDD_BR has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Dupe post.
    Oct 25, 2018
  5. Shakushi007

Shakushi007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Louisville, KY
  6. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Here's one for PCSB00396. I think the codes can be swapped out on it, because Shakushi and I have the same code for Inf DP and PP. Try out the unlockables codes and see if they work for you as well. :P

sage3k and Shakushi007 like this.
  7. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    Are there any different between Maidump and Nonpdrm? I used the nonpdrm version but because of the characters DLC like the Vegeto and SSJ Bardock, I had to use the Maidump version.

Last edited by CTR640, Dec 12, 2018
  8. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Possibly. It's hard to tell. If your codes work with mine, then they're the same probably. You'll just have to try it out on yours.

9. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    For anyone coming to this thread for info, here's my list of codes for this game. It's still US region and NND version. You don't have to worry about the DLC characters because I added a code to unlock SSJ Bardock, Super Vegito and the PS3 Exclusive Sage Mode Goku. Enjoy.

https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/blob/master/db/PCSB00396.psv

sage3k likes this.
  10. sage3k

sage3k Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Thank you!

- Update -
    I added the file with the codes for the game but in game I do not see the file active in Vitacheat. (it's actually blank). I made sure the game ID was corrected and saved it as attached.
    PCSB00396_capture_2019-03-20_14-02-18.
    Did I format it wrong?

Update again, I read the manual and updated to version 05 and updated to firmware 3.65 (this took me over 4 hours to read research and actually implement. But I got the PSVita working great and now the codes appear as intended. :) really happy and happier that i was able to fire it out (thanks to your guides and manuals)

Last edited by sage3k, Mar 21, 2019
    Yohoki likes this.
  11. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Oh, sorry I didn't see your update. There's no notification when you just edit a post. Make a new post or send a message next time if there's an issue so the code creator can see it. :P

Glad you got them working. Thanks very much!

sage3k likes this.
  12. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    Hello !
    I play on EUR version, did you think it's possible to create a code to only unlock Goku's characters ?

I need a trophy (win online with a team of 4 different Goku). As I don't find people online, I play with a friend (ad hoc mode) and teams are complete with random IA.

Sorry for my English, I hope you will understand me !

13. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    It would be possible, but I didn't see any order to how the characters are stored in game. Someone would have to disable all characters and then try enabling each character one at a time to see which character is unlocked. Would take some work.

CTR640 and GTS like this.
  14. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    Thanks, I will try.
    But, I just have to change the numbers in these lines below:

_V0 Unlock All Characters
    $4101 893B6058 00000101
    $0046 00000040 00000000
    $0100 893B7298 00000101

or, add more line ?

15. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    That's the code to unlock all characters. If you want to use it to lock all of them, this will do it.
    Code:
    _V0 Lock All Characters
    $4101 893B6058 00000000
    $0046 00000040 00000000
    $0100 893B7298 00000000

You would still need to find which Characters are the Goku Characters. I'm sure there's an easy way. Give me a little bit and I'll figure that part out.

Also, that code you posted was made for USA region. Does it work for you on EU?

GTS and CTR640 like this.
  16. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    Thanks for the code, I will try many combination.
    I suppose the code for USA region works on EU (sage3k plays in EU region and use it).
    For now I try to install vitacheat but L+ -> don't work.
    Make sure I will tell you when my problem will be resolved !

17. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Give a message over on the Vitacheat main thread and someone can help you install. I'm waiting on a new charger, so I can't look at my vita right now.

VitaCheat Thread - GBATemp Forums

I would need to know if the USA code worked for you. Different regions usually mess up codes. So you'll have to try the USA code and see if it works or the code I make for unlocking Goku only will also not work.

If it doesn't work, I can try to help you still but I'll need some help from you to make it.

Last edited by Yohoki, Apr 23, 2019
    GTS likes this.
  18. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    Thanks for the link, I will tell you as soon as possible.

19. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    So are there any difference between the EU and US version? It simply gives such a headache. I had the US version and the latest cheatcodes didn't work. It was the Ki and Health codes. Now I'm waiting for h-encore for 3.70 to unlink/unlock the Sony memcard as it was used in vita with higher fw...

20. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Someone had given me some EU codes from speedfly. I tried using them to help make codes for the US version, but they didn't work at all.

GTS likes this.
  21. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    I finally make vitacheat works but only Hp Always Full & Ki Always Max codes works.
    My version is PCSE00396.

I only need to work on the Lock/Unlock character code, how can I make it work ?

Last edited by GTS, Apr 26, 2019
  22. GTS

GTS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    France
    How can I help you ?

23. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    I'll send you a PM.

Edit- Someone else seems to be watching this. I'll make the code public if it's working.

Last edited by Yohoki, Apr 27, 2019
    CTR640, sage3k and GTS like this.
  24. Yohoki

Yohoki GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    As promised, here's the codes for unlocking only Goku on EU version. I also made one for US version.
    EU - French Version
    EU - English Version

User GTS also too the time to go through and list all the characters. so here's how to unlock any single character. Simply replace the xxx with the desired character's code. You can also lock or hide the character on the select menu by replacing either 1 with a 0. Using 101 will unlock, 100 will hide and 001 will lock but still show a "?".
    EU - French Character Modifier Codes
    EU - English Character Modifier Codes

Edit: My mistake. All these codes are for EU version, not US. They are different because of language options.

Last edited by Yohoki, Apr 30, 2019
    CTR640 and GTS like this.
  25. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    Not surprising, this game is very popular. Have you seen the prices of the physical version of the game on eBay? Really crazy crazy prices!
    I really appreciate the efforts and time you've put in this game. It's also the only one game that has made me play it for many hours in a row once I get started playing it.

Do you have any plans or found other ways to make the 'ghost' slots actually working? Or the 'stop timer'?

Last edited by CTR640, Apr 28, 2019
    GTS likes this.