Hacking Vita Version 3.67 Hacked

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing presently requires upgrading to 3.67 in particular. Sony has been signing games for 3.65 as of late, probably thinking that that's "good enough" since the community doesn't have any way to bypass the crypto used by later versions of the Vita firmware. Most likely, when TheFlow releases his tools next year, it'll just have you update to 3.65 using a PSP2UPDAT.PUP file.

Of course, that's also kind of a "good enough" situation, but unlike Sony's thoughts there, it might ACTUALLY be good enough. It's entirely possible that 3.67 doesn't even add any new signing keys over 3.65, and that that's why releases only get signed for 3.65+ instead of 3.67+. We won't know 'til we get there.
This is related to game modding how?

In 3.67 we lost access to decrypted files in the patch folder meaning modded games won't work anymore, even on 3.60 no one is willing to help create a plugin to make modding the eboot possible allowing for game mods that require it.

From the looks of it if anyone wants uncensored/undubbed/English patched modded games then they are better off waiting for it to be released on PC.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

jijipwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
402559-unknown.png

Vita Developer TheFloW has successfully exploited the latest Vita version 3.67 with a kernel vulnerability. He succeeded in two weeks, working 8 hours a day. He doesn't plan to release this soon, and suggested that it might be released at the end of this year, or maybe even next year.
He says that he could port Enso to 3.65, to install from 3.60, however he is busy with university. You will need to already be on 3.60 for this. This means games which require 3.61 or higher will be playable.

This does not mean to update to 3.67!
Nothing has been released. Please do not ask TheFloW questions on Twitter such as when it will be released.

:arrow: Source
sweet stuff, i sadly updated to 3.67 a while back :(, even if it takes a while at least theirs someone who decided to work on it which is good

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
This is related to game modding how?

In 3.67 we lost access to decrypted files in the patch folder meaning modded games won't work anymore
It's related in that, if 3.67 disabled decrypted files in the patch folder, and no game currently released requires an update to 3.67, and TheFlow's updated version of HENkaku will end up being usable on both 3.65 and 3.67... Why bother updating to 3.67? You'd keep your modding capabilities and have access to all games released up to the current day. Just saying.

Of course in the long term, a proper file redirection plugin akin to LayeredFS would be preferable, but as it stands there's a functional solution.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's related in that, if 3.67 disabled decrypted files in the patch folder, and no game currently released requires an update to 3.67, and TheFlow's updated version of HENkaku will end up being usable on both 3.65 and 3.67... Why bother updating to 3.67? You'd keep your modding capabilities and have access to all games released up to the current day. Just saying.

Of course in the long term, a proper file redirection plugin akin to LayeredFS would be preferable, but as it stands there's a functional solution.
I said it's not functional on 3.67 because it's the latest firmware and games released later this year would use it so there is no point in staying on an older firmware when you lose access to games.

As for the exploit, it was patched on from what I remember 3.63 or something so even if you update to 3.65 it won't work.

It's frustrating because undubs and uncensored mods do make up a decent portion of Vita games and this song be functional but no one is open to helping create a solution either.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I have less then a dozen games I didn't manage to sell, out of nearly twice that I sold for henkaku, so I barely paid anything for my second and third pstv......................right now....................sony hasn't changed their policy for home users of the portable vita or the pstv, and lots of games, even the new ones can benefit from better clock speeds...................so regardless of what is released, we are still in desperate need of a solution, and, I would very easily sell the rest of my games I own and my 3.67 pstv, for a replacement, proper, with a proper firmware to play the games correctly like they are designed)

(especially now, I mean right away, we can still make good sell back money for the vita and its games, the prices in trade haven't dipped to far, since games are still being made for the console) (naturally, its another ban/band wagon, for all the fans)

(right now, but I guess I speak for a lot of people, the vita is my primary game console, and it will likely be that way for a few more years to come)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work