Hacking Vita Retroarch Nightly Builds!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I had that issue for the longest time - reapplying the licence files and daily files sorted it.

Remember you need new daily files every day too.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for right now I got ARK going through Pool Hall Pro. So at least I can run that. Got MVSPSP and CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP going :D

Will the PSP RetroArch Build be able to run the VirtualBoy Core?

Tried the RetroArch on the Vita through the ARK eCFW. Black Screen. Had to close out the Bubble.

Last edited by Smoker1,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. But needs a Tut for those who already have 3.51/52 ARK eCFW Installed for PHP. Does one just put PHP back on the Vita fresh and do everything including the Email bit?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anybody know who is the main developer of the Vita builds?

It seems so weird that there's no port of Picodrive given it's an ARM-specific emulator. Genesis Plus GX drops a hell of frame in 333MHz mode. I find myself using Picodrive through TV-N instead.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew on the native Vits isn't particularly user friendly. Indeed, you have to jump through hoops to install any kind of exploit on the Vita - ePSP and PS1 exploits rely on games that soon get taken down from PSN. Not great. It took a long time and multiple guides for me to figure out how to install Unity on my 3.18 Vita, then I couldn't get Rejuvenate working until this weekend. I don't consider myself a 'newbie' at this stuff, either.

This has been nearly identical to my experience, took the words right out of mouth so to speak. It feels like Sony are fighting you every step of the way, but when you finally get all the bits in place and working correctly it's incredibly satisfying, a sense of achievement.

I had a DS with SuperCard DSTWO and I liked it, but it was never fast enough to emulate things properly and I just don't like the form factor, a bigger problem on the 3DS which is itself bigger! Vita is more ergonomic too.

Yeah I'm confused by the fact Genesis Plus GX is slower in native Vita mode than PicoDrive is in ePSP mode. It's a shame because the emulator looks great at native Vita resolution as compared to ePSP but the sound and framerate can be sketchy depending on the game!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A bit of a bump, but I've been messing with CATSFC a fair bit recently.

I've found that the Retroarch build of CATSFC is actually slower than the separate port of CATSFC by skogaby. The Retroarch would drop odd frames for me on my 3.18 (333MHz mode) where skogaby's build would hold up perfectly.

I recommend using skogaby's port over the libretro version. http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=45081

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes the main thing I've noticed with the RetroArch recent stable/nightlies is that save states appear broken from my end at least. I'm still using some midApril versions.

D

Deleted User

Now that this seems somewhat accessible to everyone with Henkaku, any info on how this runs natively for those who have tried it?

D

Deleted User

Would HenKaku work on 3.51? Would love to finally get Native Vita Homebrew up and running so I can run RA on it

I think that in the future they plan to release the source code so that others can port it to lower firmware, but it's not certain.

Reactions: Smoker1

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there currently a way to convert .velf to .vpk? or would buildbot need to change its process to start building for the format Henkaku uses?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Rejuvenate sucks for a good amount of Users. They get to the Point of wanting to Load a App...............................nothing happening. Cant even get it Transferred to the Vita. Apparently, it cant connect for some reason.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It just needs recompiling as a .vpk. If somebody more skilled than me can do it for us, it'd be appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol