Hacking Vita Retroarch Nightly Builds!

jhonnypolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill give it a month. I already have it installed and its wonderous to finally have even just a little homebrew (finally got me a custome theme).

Can you share with us how you got it installed ?
And is RetroArch only just emulating Snes for you right now ?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This HENkaku business is interesting and kinda exciting from a homebrew point of view, but until we can do all the stuff my current FW 3.51 Vita does (TN-V11, PS1 Loader, Rejuvenate for emulators) - which it currently can't - I'd rather wait. Maybe RetroArch will start doing VPK nightlies, but for now all I can see is Rejuvenate VELFs, or in fact the last two days worth are 147B files so something must be broken with the compiling or uploading.
Yeah I am going to play it safe and wait till they hopefully get it to 3.51 also. Dont want to do anything that might limit or Null what I already got or possibly Brick my Device. Rather be able to do ARK and HENkaku.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Are these something a regular person can download and just install like CATSFC earlier today or is this one of those things programmers say are easy to do but to us regular folk make no sense?
I'm a huge Retroarch fan and it's my #1 platform for emulation on PC

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these something a regular person can download and just install like CATSFC earlier today or is this one of those things programmers say are easy to do but to us regular folk make no sense?
I'm a huge Retroarch fan and it's my #1 platform for emulation on PC

Nightly builds are usually built nightly/daily (Get it?) by an automated system. They contain whatever changes were made to source that day, for better or for worse (They are not tested for functionality).

Basically, you don't have to compile them yourself (But honestly, compiling crap in general isn't difficult). You'll just download the .vpks and go.

Last edited by Townsperson,

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
how is the performance thus far, Thinking about getting a vita just for retroarch. But im probably gonna be disappointed with the 444mhz cpu cap.

D

Deleted User

how is the performance thus far, Thinking about getting a vita just for retroarch. But im probably gonna be disappointed with the 444mhz cpu cap.

Most of the cores haven't been ported yet, we've only really been able to play around with the SNES and the Genesis cores. mGBA isn't part of retroarch but it's the only GBA emulator as far as I know and it runs poorly. The sound is messed up and most games run very slowly.

CATSFC has been pretty good though. Been playing through earthbound and it gets 60 FPS with some weird sound issues. I know some of the more taxing games don't work well with it (Secret of Mana, Star Fox runs at 30 FPS, etc.). Have not played around with the Genesis core, but people are saying that it's fast.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the cores haven't been ported yet, we've only really been able to play around with the SNES and the Genesis cores. mGBA isn't part of retroarch but it's the only GBA emulator as far as I know and it runs poorly. The sound is messed up and most games run very slowly.

CATSFC has been pretty good though. Been playing through earthbound and it gets 60 FPS with some weird sound issues. I know some of the more taxing games don't work well with it (Secret of Mana, Star Fox runs at 30 FPS, etc.). Have not played around with the Genesis core, but people are saying that it's fast.
Theres a Genesis retroarch core now?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone know how to fix the controls in SMB All Stars?
It's a known CATSFC bug, resolved by swapping the controllers and playing as Player 2. The 3DS build of Retroarch CATSFC has this option but I'm not sure if the Vita version does yet.

Reactions: joeh1974

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Radius4

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well then :3
Back to the drawing board, I'll ask frangarj, maybe a small screwup on the script

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: LOL seems to be a really bad mistake on the buildbot script, check back in 20 minutes :)

Last edited by Radius4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr