Hacking Vita Retroarch Nightly Builds!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh yeah, seriously cant wait till they hopefully get HENkaku working on 3.51 :D . Going to be AWESOME!!!!!!
Not going to happen any time soon. yifan_lu told me himself that it would be at least a year, implying the source code will be released around then so somebody else is free to back-port it if they want.

I know losing an old firmware is hard - it pained me to give up my 3.18, but ultimately Henkaku is worth it - this is the real deal, not the confusion that Rejuvenate was. If you keep your Vita in sleep mode you don't even have to re-install the exploit, and VHBL does soften the blow. We're all hoping somebody releases a PSP kernel exploit - now is the time, while 3.60 is still the latest firmware.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For people wondering, I believe the bios path should be ux0:/data/Retroarch/cores/system/, assuming it's the same as the 3DS.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people wondering, I believe the bios path should be ux0:/data/Retroarch/cores/system/, assuming it's the same as the 3DS.

Still can't get the MVS core to load a rom. Have both my normal neogeo bios and the uni bios in both the directory above and in the rom directory. I've even tried copying over the cache file and setting that directory. Still can't load a MVS rom. Anyone have anything else to try?

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't get the MVS core to load a rom. Have both my normal neogeo bios and the uni bios in both the directory above
and in the rom directory. I've even tried copying over the cache file and setting that directory. Still can't load a MVS rom. Anyone have anything else to try?

I've copied files from Retroarch on 3DS and it will not start. It looks like it starts, then exits. If there was a way to get debug logging, we could see if it's actually a file placement issue.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the default buttons to press to open up the menu while playing a game are L1+R1+start+select. Also, these buttons can be changed in the settings.

Don't forget you can assign the right analogue stick to RetroArch functions. I've personally been using UP to save state, DOWN to load state (download, get it?), LEFT to bring up RetroArch menu and RIGHT to fast forward.

Also, great news about dyrarec support. Might actually get a playable frame rate GBA emulator to replace gPSP (which is great but needs frame skipping still) now.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to happen any time soon. yifan_lu told me himself that it would be at least a year, implying the source code will be released around then so somebody else is free to back-port it if they want.

I know losing an old firmware is hard - it pained me to give up my 3.18, but ultimately Henkaku is worth it - this is the real deal, not the confusion that Rejuvenate was. If you keep your Vita in sleep mode you don't even have to re-install the exploit, and VHBL does soften the blow. We're all hoping somebody releases a PSP kernel exploit - now is the time, while 3.60 is still the latest firmware.
Damn. Well I got the FW on my PC, and from what I am told, I can Update my Vita with QCMA. Just dont know all about VHBL. Never used it before and dont know if the Homebrew/Hacked Rom Modded Arcade Emulators for PSP work on it. Also, dont think you can run PSP or PSX with VHBL huh?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
New Cores add: New testbuild
Vecx (vertex)
Catsfc plus (Snes)
That's great, CATSFC Plus has the more accurate sound core from newer Snes9x. It's a tad slower as a result but might not matter on the Vita.

Do the nightly builds have the conflicting title IDs fixed? Do the official builds have icons yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-