Hacking Vita 3.65 Henkaku not playing physical games

DigitalStyles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some context, I downgraded from 3.68 H-encore to 3.65 Henkaku because I was having trouble signing in to PS store. Now that I'm at 3.65 Henkaku my Vita will access PS store but won't play any of my physical games. Digital games play just fine however.

I've tried looking up solution from threads here but I think I need more specific info. For starters, I don't understand if Vita cartridges are supposed to natively launch from ux0 or uxR. I haven't messed around with mounting and I don't use sd2vita so I don't know why those settings would have changed.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Momofor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Do you have the required plugins like NoNpDrm;
It helps bypass the DRM(digital rights management) requirements for some games, plus you may need SharkFood to update PSM.
But I think it's easier and more time efficient to just use 0syscall6 which makes the games think they're running on a newer firmware if they require something like 3.73.
I would like to link you to the official pages of the plugins but I still can't with my current level in gbatemp

Last edited by Momofor,

rootlis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downgrading to 3.60. I had a similar problem: after downgrading my spare PCH-1000 from 3.70 to 3.65 for enso, it seemed like the Vita couldn't even see game cards when they were inserted. The various DRM plugins didn't help, nor did disabling all plugins on boot, but after switching to 3.60 it went back to normal.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Time to delete everything.
Go settings and delete what is possible.
This is the only method to clean up your vita.

But first at all ,uninstall enzo!!!!

Last edited by tomberyx,

LetoIIAtreides

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My 3.65 PCH-1000 didn't read physical games either, downgraded to 3.60 literal minutes ago and everything seems to work now. This thread helped.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So, since no one else mentioned it... Were/are you using an SD2Vita?
Sounds like something got borked during your downgrade. I've never gone back down to 3.65, just because I know you can hack stuff up using Enzo, amd I'm just dumb enough to do that.
My personal recommendation, since you're gonna destroy your icon layout anyway, would have been to upgrade to 3.73, do whatever you're doing, and go back to 3.68. Or stay on 3.73, since there's an h-encore for it (far less stable, though).

Crazy thing is, there's a plugin out there that tells your Vita to read certain things from different places than normal. I'm curious as to whether or not someone is working on a way to dual-boot firmwares, since it should be theoretically possible using a plugin like that.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-