Gaming Virtual Console (Handheld) price

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you all think the pricing of the Virtual 'console' (handheld) titles will be? Similar to DSIware? Wii's wiiware & VC?
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Gameboy games will be remarkably cheap. I'm not expecting higher than 200 Points for any of them. Gameboy Colour games will likely run at either 200 or 500, depending on whether they're backwards compatible with Gameboys (so while Pokémon Gold and Silver would be 200 each, Crystal would be 500). If they ever do start pumping out GBA games, they'll go for 800.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$15 is the most they would charge for any app i would think so i say under $5 for gb and gbc
gba would be under $10
the other apps may vary under $!5
remember that its not points not but money

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
Gameboy games will be remarkably cheap. I'm not expecting higher than 200 Points for any of them. Gameboy Colour games will likely run at either 200 or 500, depending on whether they're backwards compatible with Gameboys (so while Pokémon Gold and Silver would be 200 each, Crystal would be 500). If they ever do start pumping out GBA games, they'll go for 800.

I think you're underestimating things there... I can see 200 for the regular games, but we're probably going to see 500 either way for GBC games (compatible or full) with more popular games being 800. Complexity will have no bearing on pricing because games are already long ago made and are merely emulated so it's really just licensing existing code... That said, popular games will be priced higher because company's want more money.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aren't they gonna make these classics 3d compatible as well?

I'm sure they'll tack on a few dollars just for this this so $5-$8

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hakujintanuki said:
FYI, Nintendo has stated that the 3DS eShop (which includes the VC) will be money-based, not point-based.

Sweet, I always thought a real life currency based system is better anyway, that's an advantage of the PSN.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
hakujintanuki said:
FYI, Nintendo has stated that the 3DS eShop (which includes the VC) will be money-based, not point-based.

Sweet, I always thought a real life currency based system is better anyway, that's an advantage of the PSN.

Agreed, it's annoying going through a middle man of buying points instead of just hooking your card to your account and buying when you please. Points I guess are designed with kids in mind since if you just hooked your credit card to your account, your kid may run through and buy all the games without knowing that they're placing you in massive debt. Money's still better, although my only real gripe with it is taxes (so if you get a $20 eShop card, for instance, you can't buy 2 $10 games due to tax, while if you get a 2000 point eShop card, you can buy 2 1000 point games).

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop complaining about people guessing in points. Each point is 1 us cent, so it's not hard to convert.

And on that note, Pokemon will be $7, everything else will be $5 or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro