Virtual console games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by parisi, Jun 17, 2016.

1. parisi
    OP

parisi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I have installed some wad games N64 and SNES
    I can play N64 games but when i try to load Snes games like super mario word or the legend of zelda a link to the past, the screen goes black and the remote controll disconnect, pls how can i fix it it?
    Thnx in advice

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Maybe it was a bad WAD. Also the WAD is just the channel forwarder to the actual game. If you never bought the game with Wii Points you can't play it becuase you don't actually have the files (just the forwarder.)

parisi likes this.
  3. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Thats not true, you can download wads and play them without actually buying the game. I have tried it and it works

4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well cross that then.
    You could also try emulation. I don't know how well it would work out though.

5. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    For SNES emulation is perfect.

6. ned

ned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2014
    Are they the same region as your Wii? I had sonic 4 episode usa returning to system menu until I patched it with ShowMiiWads, also try installing the with wad with different ios options you might stumble on one that works.

7. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    You should use Snes9xgx in my opinion..

8. parisi
    OP

parisi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The reason why i want to use wads and not Snes9xgx is because wads are original games published by Nintendo that are playable on wii with the same graphics and speed like the snes console, while on Snes9xgx i must costumise the graphics buttons filters and i think may it still is not the same like wads, (sorry for my english)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im in germany and i think my wii is pal version, but N64 wads that i have installed are ntsc and works fine, but Snes wads doesnt work, i have tried to install with different ios but still the same thing.

9. ned

ned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by ned, Jun 19, 2016
  10. parisi
    OP

parisi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I have installed super mario world and zelda a link to the past, and when I try to load bouth of them the screen goes black and freeze, I tried to dowanlod from these links but it seems to be file corrupted, not full games. Thnx anyway broo

11. ned

ned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2014
    Their not dls just checksums for checking like redump.org, you easily find them though by typing the directory name + .zip or .rar into google, you want the ones highlighted in green.

Last edited by ned, Jun 19, 2016
  12. parisi
    OP

parisi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I tried to do what you told but i couldn't find anything to download

13. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Oh okay, but, have you tried it, its good, you can even customize the controls and, you will feel almost no difference while playing a wad and on the snes9xgx. But, anyways, its your wish. Good luck.

14. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Are you installing the WADs to your real nand and launching them off the system menu or are you installing them to an emunand and then launching them from a loader like USB Loader GX?

Do you have PriiLoader installed? There is an option in there to make games region free.

Also, run a syscheck and post the results here so we can see what you have installed in case there is a problem there. Just follow this guide here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/)