Tutorial Virtual Console - Adobe Flash SWF - Wii VC Injection Tutorial

RedFireStudios

Trophies
Website
drive.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay how do I convert ActionScript 3.0 to ActionScript 2.0. I am trying to make my first working GB VC iNJECT called "MineShaft" or "BASE GB SWF ROM" to do "Super Mario Land" that I converted in Flash Decompile I replaced the SWF blah blah blah. When I test it out on my Wii it gets a blackscreen because it is in ActionScript 3.0.

SaulFabre

Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Okay how do I convert ActionScript 3.0 to ActionScript 2.0. I am trying to make my first working GB VC iNJECT called "MineShaft" or "BASE GB SWF ROM" to do "Super Mario Land" that I converted in Flash Decompile I replaced the SWF blah blah blah. When I test it out on my Wii it gets a blackscreen because it is in ActionScript 3.0.
Sorry @mrt84. There is no way to convert ActionScript 3.0 to ActionScript 2.0, due to the many improvements given to the AS3 technology, that AS2 didn't have (such 3D content in Flash, etc.) That info told me @Darker27

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any tutorials on how to do it or did you use this method? I'd like to try my hand at a few apk injects!
No, @Lostbhoy. APK Android games cannot be injected, the Wii cannot emulate Android. @mrt84 injected A FLASH SWF VERSION of the Android game Doodle Jump

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SaulFabre, yeah I've re read the posts above and got hopeful when he mentioned a way to convert apk files. Why i thought it would refer to any android apk.... I must've been high lol

My son likes doodle jump so at least that's a good one to get and I thank your good self for the tutorial on how to accomplish it. Many flash games will be good to convert to this method so I'll be having fun over the weekend!!

Reactions: SaulFabre

WiizNutz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the tutorial, but how is this different from our tutorial? This one seems to have more steps.
It would be cool if you updated this post with a link to your tutorial, thanks! :)

I was having a look round reddit r/Flashgames
Found this resource - https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/
There's a massive offline installation or a smaller, 2gig online, but there is a compreheneive archive of flash content.
With flash going offline, there's a couple of repositories, but a few folks have uploaded collections of favourites to reddit, threads of people sourcing long lost treasures, if you want to know what's loved and popular content

Last edited by WiizNutz,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
It would be cool if you updated this post with a link to your tutorial, thanks! :)

I was having a look round reddit r/Flashgames
Found this resource - https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/
There's a massive offline installation or a smaller, 2gig online, but there is a compreheneive archive of flash content.
With flash going offline, there's a couple of repositories, but a few folks have uploaded collections of favourites to reddit, threads of people sourcing long lost treasures, if you want to know what's loved and popular content
Thanks for the suggestions @WiizNutz!

Reactions: WiizNutz

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
50174348022_bf1b90f90e_z.jpg

Do you mean an actual space (using the space bar, or do you just mean an open line?

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
50174348022_bf1b90f90e_z.jpg

Do you mean an actual space (using the space bar, or do you just mean an open line?
It's just an open line made with Enter key after writing the last keymap code in the ini file, But it's important!
Greetings

Last edited by SaulFabre, , Reason: Wrong words used
Reactions: KimKong

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, that's what I thought you ment.
Maybe you should edit the post and make this more clear?
Specially since the word "space" literally means a open space made with the space bar!

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ok, that's what I thought you ment.
Maybe you should edit the post and make this more clear?
Specially since the word "space" literally means a open space made with the space bar!
Okay, but how I can write this correctly? Please sorry of my bad English, I speak Spanish natively :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Typo found: This tutorial IS NOT FAKE! IT IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS' JOKE! I'TS REAL.
It's supposed to be IT'S not I'TS
Ok thanks for correcting me this @jeffyTheHomebrewer :P

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Next gen will probably be all portable
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Some things (like Super Famicom games) just feel right when you play them using the original hardware and a CRT
    Gift
    The PS tablet
    Gift
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    switches the box from tv to game
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Not so sure about that - the tendency for "graphics uber alles" tends to lead to very high power consumption
    Gift
    If you look at what's now portability graphics are catching up to console quality
    Gift
    Nintendy is a huge example of not everyone caring about powerful specs most that do will be hardcore PC players anyway
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    The thing is that the IATA rules impose a pretty hard limit of 100Wh on battery sizes for lithium batteries - and it doesn't look like Li is going away soon
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    So if you want (say) 4 hours of runtime you need a maximum system-level power consumption of 25W
    Gift
    Yeah but we already have AAA titles looking fine on tablet form 1080p displays
    Gift
    Human eye can only tell so much of a difference
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    For reference, the PS5 is rated at 350W and the Xbox series X at 275W - and that's console only, without any display
    Gift
    But the future always holds performance never know what the aliens will donate from their left over tech
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Maybe :) - but batteries have turned out to be a pretty hard problem
    Gift
    Like I said most that will truly care will already be hard core gaming pcers
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    And DF subscribers :)
    Gift
    I bet you could find a neighbor with a ps5 and they'd have no idea what the word spec means
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah probably - people on forums seem to care a lot, but they are heavily self-selected
    Gift
    Most on forums try to get a good learning of actual tech
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    Papaya, so good
    Gift
    Only 13 more titles to go on ps3 yay
    Gift
    I still have a remnant of the taste of the papaya
    Gift
    @KenniesNewName June will come sooner than the end of that process
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    PS3 had horrible speeds off the drive
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I always wondered why, but I am pretty sure it was trying to reduce costs
    Gift
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered why, but I am pretty sure it was trying to reduce costs