Virtual Boy Remakes

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SuperMarioMaster, May 15, 2010.

1. SuperMarioMaster
    OP

SuperMarioMaster GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2010
    United States
    Galloway, NJ
    Now, it may seem like a stupid idea... But surely there had to be a few good VB games. If Nintendo remade them, I think that would be a great idea for people who never got to play some of the games...

Obviously they wouldn't put them in Red/Black, but in full color. Since the 3DS can utilize 3D, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

2. Speed Freak

Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2007
    Brazil
    Curitiba - PR
    I'm pretty sure the whole library could be released in one single game, so why not?

3. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Ah the Virtual Boy. Now that brings back memories of migranes.

4. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    WA
    3DS = uses stereoscopic effect

VB = 3d games in black and red

You wouldn't need the 3DS to play the VB games, hell, there are already emulators for the PC (no good ones though).

5. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    VB used red on black at 3 layers with a 'stereoscopic' effect with the 2 eye pieces so what are you talking about?

Odds are this could be done with a handful of games, or some long sought after sequel. I think as far as quality goes the following could work:
    -Inshouse Mouse
    -Red Alarm
    -Wario Land
    -Mario Clash

A few others if expanded or put into 'a compilation could work too such as the sport, shooter, and pinball titles.

6. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Ah, this could totally happen.

And without the eyestrain, no less! Hear that, Ninty? SuperMarioMaster gave you an idea! No charge!

7. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I only ever played VB Wario Land. I'd love to see some kind of remake on 3DS. Without the eye shattering red though, how about some full color? Maybe with the graphical style seen in the Wii game.

8. Arnold Schwarzen

Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    VB Wario Land is good but I'd rather get a port than a remake knowing they changed Wario's style so much over the years. I haven't any faith it'd look as good as the original. This is what I call the true sequel to Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on Game Boy.

9. Knyaz Vladimir

Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Unconfirmed
    Nintendo hates this forum.

Anyway, Virtual Boy on 3DS? Why not just normal DS with WARIOWARE DIY?

10. naglaro00

naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Jun 5, 2009
    Pulse
    I'd like to see you try [​IMG]

11. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Wario Land VB would be perfect, one of the best in the series. Would be better without headaches too.

12. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah...It's already hard enough to make something kind of cool. Plus, the microgames are short, no matter what the length setting is (Unless you get a hacked boss template, but it would still be difficult to replicate a VB game on there).

13. Arnold Schwarzen

Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    The original Wario Land on GB and VB > WarioWare

/thread

14. Knyaz Vladimir

Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Unconfirmed
    I made a really bad version in 2 hours. I'll just try making it have a 3D-effect using Red, Purple, and Blue. WarioLand is next up. I had the idea for another 3D game, but...

15. Range-TE

Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2008
    Indonesia
    the virtual boy library...

yeah, the AVGN held the whole library in one hand

16. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2006
    United States
    Despite the small size of the Virtual Boy library, it had quite a few excellent games.

Teleroboxer, VB WarioLand, and Mario Clash were excellent. Mario Tennis was also very good, but we've seen many versions of that by now. Galactic Pinball was great as well, but isn't in the must-play list just by virtue of it being pinball.

But VB WarioLand was the best in the series. After that it got dumbed down way too much, though WarioLand Shake It was a pretty good return to form.

17. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    VB uses the stereoscopic effect too.

18. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Exactly which is why this is a good topic and hopefully something Nintendo will explore. There may have only been a couple dozen VB games but a good deal of them are pretty decent, and a few are outstanding and could really use the jump from Red/Black to full RGB modern stereoscopic 3D like Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Insmouse House, and a few others.

19. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I was just thinking of making a topic like this... Mario Clash, 3D Tetris, Red Alarm, Wario Land would be awesome. You could have the remade full color version (upgrade like mario all stars vs. originals) and then you could have a classic version. Maybe you could even do it as 3DS Ware for stuff like Mario Clash.

20. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    This is a damn good idea imo. I LOVE my VB, still play it from time to time too lol. As long as they updated the games with color, then I don't see why this couldn't work.