Violence in Video Games and Society

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
viksmart said:
So many different views yet we have no consensus
wacko.gif
This is a learning experience for me!

What agreement can we make, that all of us make our parents play video games for a month?
That could work actually
glare.gif

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
viksmart said:
wacko.gif

What agreement can we make, that all of us make our parents play video games for a month?
That could work actually
glare.gif

But, what if the games affect them... like, too much? Because my dad can still hardly belive Sonic 1, If I put him on GTA he just might think it's... Too real? I don't really wanna be murdered by my parents...
unsure.gif
blink.gif

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
viksmart said:
wacko.gif

That could work actually
glare.gif

But, what if the games affect them... like, too much? Because my dad can still hardly belive Sonic 1, If I put him on GTA he just might think it's... Too real? I don't really wanna be murdered by my parents...
unsure.gif
blink.gif

Well if that were to happen then that would prove all of us wrong in saying that video games don't affect the behavior enough for them to do major damage, which would in turn defeat the whole purpose of getting our parents to play video games. Oh, and you would be dead

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Well if that were to happen then that would prove all of us wrong in saying that video games don't affect the behavior enough for them to do major damage, which would in turn defeat the whole purpose of getting our parents to play video games. Oh, and you would be dead

Lol, yeah... and I don't wanna be dead.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think video games are that violent, if a kid does something stupid and violent, and say they saw it in a video game, then the video gets blamed, but the parents are the ones that need to be blamed, they need to know what their kids are playing and take away games that are innappropriate for their children, instead of taking the easy way out and blaming the video games

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xale said:
i dont think video games are that violent, if a kid does something stupid and violent, and say they saw it in a video game, then the video gets blamed, but the parents are the ones that need to be blamed, they need to know what their kids are playing and take away games that are innappropriate for their children, instead of taking the easy way out and blaming the video games

Even then a kid shouldn't really be emulating what he sees in a video game into real life only an idiot or a five year old would do that, and like you said five year old's shouldn't be playing gta. (neither should idiots)

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Xale said:

Even then a kid shouldn't really be emulating what he sees in a video game into real life only an idiot or a five year old would do that, and like you said five year old's shouldn't be playing gta. (neither should idiots)

Why can't I play GTA?
ph34r.gif

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Xale said:

Why can't I play GTA?
ph34r.gif
Depends are you the idiot or the five year old lol

It's a joke.
Shovelware is crappy = Want to break shit
[quote/]

Oh ,Sorry, never heard of shovelware

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Xale said:

Why can't I play GTA?
ph34r.gif
Depends are you the idiot or the five year old lol

@soulsnatcher

Oh ,Sorry, never heard of shovelware

oops, double post.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Xale said:
they need to know what their kids are playing and take away games that are innappropriate for their children, instead of taking the easy way out and blaming the video games
Thats still blaming video games if you use that reason. Thats saying without adult supervision, video games will cause to to be aggressive and violent.

If the question is "Do video games induce violence" then it should be Subject + Object = Behavior. Not Subject + Subject's Parents - Object.

If a game wasn't violent, then there wouldn't be a need for parents. But if you're insistant that parents should supervise because of "violence" then you are acknowledging that violent video games do in fact induce violent natures. And then you'll start have question "Does Tom and Jerry or other violent cartoons cause violent? What about these Disney Pixar movies?"

You have to take Parents out of the equation or you'll never know if video games infant do cause violence. And thats ALOT of games. Not even the M rated ones. Tens of thousands of E and T games involve violence/fantasy violence. Suddenly that harmless fun Ratchet And Clank is suddenly now a "threat" to the child.

The only thing that needs to be supervised are the things the FCC is censoring on TV. Overly offensive language and nudity.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
As long as there are stupid people playing GTA then the world will always be violent.

(I'm not saying only stupid people play GTA I play it too but some idiots take it seriously and emulate the game in real life).
lol? so you're saying that because of games like GTA the world will always be violent?lol the world has ALWAYS been violent...peace is just a thing people can only hope for nothing more, but in reality the majority of people enjoy violence whether it be in a video game,a movie or just watching boxing or UFC or something...Violence brings entertainment to people no matter if some people like it or not...so no matter how many times people complain that violence in video games is the cause for people doing violent things its pure and utter bullshit...what was the excuse before there was even television? people just like to find something to blame for the things that people do,they need a reason to believe they are trying to make a difference even if they aren't really doing anything...i believe that every person in the world has a bit of violence in them it's all a matter of what sets them off and if what sets them off ever happens on if they become violent or not...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @BakerMan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ