Viewing pictures taken from other cameras on DSI XL

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Roguezz, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Alright guys, I need a software that can change the Camera Model and Camera Make of a JPEG image. If we could do that, then we can finally put on and view pics on DSI that weren't made by it's camera.
    Camera Make for Pics: Nintendo
    Camera Model for Pics: NintendoDS
    I think that's what it's supposed to look like.
    I'll post more info later if needed-but you should be able to go from there.

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    ...What? I don't understand what you're asking...

3. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    he wants someone to make a software for him that will allow him to convert jpeg pictures to the DSi format and allow him to put it on his DSi :3

I don't think there is a software like that, and dont see why anyone would be bothered to make one :S

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    @ShadowSoldier: I think what he is trying to ask/do is find a program that will create/alter all the necessary files/data so that the DSi can 'see' any picture stored onto the SD card which was NOT taken using the DSi camera - maybe something that will change the EXIF data of the picture or something

@Roguezz: AFAIK there has been NO way of doing this.
    I myself have tried copying the EXIF data from a picture taken by the DSi & 'injecting' it into a similar sized picture (same resolution,DPI,Colour depth etc) - with no success

I THINK there are other files stored on the card that also need to be changed somehow (perhaps they hold the thumbnails & additional data) but I can't be sure

5. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Ah, but that's not it my friend. You need to change the camera make and model of the JPEG image. Camera Make for Pics: Nintendo
    Camera Model for Pics: NintendoDS I do not know how to change these. If you hover your cruiser/mouse over a picture taken by a DSI-it will show you the model-but not the make.

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Ah !!! back at you... I DO know about this..
    It's all stored in the EXIF header data & by using programs like ExifTool (+GUI), infanview, gimp etc - I have changed all the Exif data of a non-DSi picture (of the right size/dpi/colour depth etc ) to match that of a 'genuine' DSi picture

I then placed them back onto the SD card both, using a same name of an existing picture on it (overwriting it) as well as a new picture of similar name structure & guess what - they don't show up

7. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Heh heh, yeah. So far, all I've managed is getting it into the DSI-but it says image cannot be displayed. HOWEVER, the main thing is-it actually read the image. I'm going to keep on trying and hopefully get it working soon. If it works-custom firmware. [​IMG] Anyway, I missed some stuff in the EFIX header when I checked just now-so, I'll try again and post soon. WISH ME LUCK! [​IMG]

8. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Heh heh, yeah. So far, all I've managed is getting it into the DSI-but it says image cannot be displayed. HOWEVER, the main thing is-it actually read the image. I'm going to keep on trying and hopefully get it working soon. If it works-custom firmware. [​IMG] Anyway, I missed some stuff in the EFIX header when I checked just now-so, I'll try again and post soon. WISH ME LUCK! [​IMG]

9. ecko

Member ecko GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    could it be that it needs a specific resolution to show up?
    can't test it myself, since i dont have a dsi

10. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Bah, I have some projects due, so I'll try again by the end of the weekend.