VideoLAN Movie Creator

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Rydian, Jul 1, 2011.

Jul 1, 2011

VideoLAN Movie Creator by Rydian at 8:08 PM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    http://www.videolan.org/vlmc/

Anybody tried it yet? I'm always looking for a free alternative to WMM to recommend, and lord knows everybody and their grandmother wants to make AMVs but doesn't want to convert their clips first so something with VLC as it's base might actually be able to work with a variety of exotic formats...

EDIT: Grammar fail.

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Looks really nice for freeware.

Why is that bunny always in the screenshots?

3. Rydian
    OP

United States
    Big Buck Bunny is all open-source and stuff and was released in hyper-ultra-HD-rainbows so all sorts of open-source and freeware video/audio tools use it for examples since it avoids costs.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I had not heard of it prior to this thread but I will certainly give it a spin (I am in the "will not even entertain the idea of leaving WMM on a computer" I come into contact with crowd).
    I am not a great fan of VLC (it being (not unjustifiably) slow being my main gripe) but it has its uses and if this follows in that line of logic then it can find a home on my USB drive of wonder. Likewise if it is easier to teach than avisynth, audacity, gimp and blender (my 1,2,3,4 of multimedia editing/creation- no idea how I ended up with all open source stuff as it was not my intention to have all open source stuff going into it) and/or has some abilities on the timeline front I might consider it not to mention if it interacts with that lot in some manner it can sit in the "toys" folder.
    I suppose the obvious point of comparison will be with avidemux but if it finds itself up with Cinelerra or cinefx (both of which I have minimal experience with) I will be quite impressed.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Am i reading it right? Last official build was April last year???

6. Rydian
    OP

United States
    The current version is under heavy development with so many features they're not pushing it as an official release yet since it's likely to be unstable for a bit, so it's still the beta download.

7. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Looks nice for when Sony Vegas is either acting up on me or I need a break from it.

Nice looking interface too.

8. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    its been a while since i tried it. but it was basically unusable. it was still under development, and i had to build it from source - and it even said that it was not finished and not stable. but you can see what that team has done with the vlc media player. i think that whenever they get to the point with their editor that it is considered stable, it will definitely be worth checking out. until that point, you are just setting yourself up to be disappointed by expecting anything else. and when they say it is unstable, they mean what they say.

PS. if youre looking for an alternative, check out kdenlive http://www.kdenlive.org/

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom